Baseball PSA holder question

NorthKorea

Bench Warmer
Does this PSA holder look authentic? I don't see the "PSA" embossing on the bottom, and when I asked seller for a photo of the back, he simply didn't respond. He also posted a close up of the label, which made me question it even more. I realize PSA had a lot of tolerance on centering for "10"s, but there's a lot of "white" on the lower left border, which really makes me question the holder/label/grade/card.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Are you sure the number is good? I checked the PSA/DNA certification number and this noticed came up: "PSA/DNA Certification Number 05230606 was not found in the PSA/DNA Certification Database."

Also, the "PSA" logo should be noticeable on the right hand lower side of the front and the example you are showing does not show the PSA logo.

Check out this eBay link for a REAL PSA graded Walker: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-TOPPS-...1153204302?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item541668904e

And this bothers me:

NorthKorea.jpg

Last edited:
You looked in the wrong database. As I said, the number is good. My concerns are with the holder/flip/card.

http://www.psacard.com/Cert/05230606

As for the stripes you noticed, I feel that's likely on the case (due to overhead lighting / light banding). I'll have the card in hand this week and will know then.

If I was faking PSA cards, this would not be my first card of choice. Just saying!
The PSA number dates to sometime during 1996-1997, so there's a possibility that Walker's second rarest, (to the Bowman Tiffany) and certainly most popular, rookie card might have been the victim of a forgery. As I said before, though, I'll know when I have it in hand whether the holder is a fake.

Not yet. Seller just sent it out on Wednesday. I'm thinking I'll get it next Tuesday.

Edit: I just checked, and it's out for delivery, so I'll have it in hand later today. :)

Edit #2: Card arrived. Holder seems fine, but the card looks damaged. It's possible it was damaged while being holdered, since it's edge damage.

Edit #3: Upon closer inspection, I remembered why I had issues with it. The PSA really is printed off. If you look at it, you can see some white in the P loop, the S upper look and the A pocket and below the arch. That's not a scan issue; that really is on the label.

Larry_Walker_PSA_10_4ae1764d52e1f4b051f5.jpg

Larry_Walker_PSA_10_4ae1764d52e1f4b051f5_2.jpg

Last edited:
Not yet. Seller just sent it out on Wednesday. I'm thinking I'll get it next Tuesday.

Edit: I just checked, and it's out for delivery, so I'll have it in hand later today. :)

Edit #2: Card arrived. Holder seems fine, but the card looks damaged. It's possible it was damaged while being holdered, since it's edge damage.

Edit #3: Upon closer inspection, I remembered why I had issues with it. The PSA really is printed off. If you look at it, you can see some white in the P loop, the S upper look and the A pocket and below the arch. That's not a scan issue; that really is on the label.

Larry_Walker_PSA_10_4ae1764d52e1f4b051f5.jpg

Larry_Walker_PSA_10_4ae1764d52e1f4b051f5_2.jpg

What is your next step with this card, if any?

Back