Football Pro Football HOF Thread

A few pick-ups:

Greg Townsend, 109.5 sacks and 2 x Pro Bowler

scan0002-12-21.jpg

Tommy Hart, 101.5 sacks and 1 x Pro Bowler

scan0003-10-8.jpg

This upgrade was inspired by Ron's latest pc addition

scan0006-17.jpg

Nice pick ups Dave..I don't recall much of Hart, but i do Townsend. He was a beast, very athletic for a big guy and with a mean streak.

That White is awesome, nice add..thinking about sending mines in to beckett

OilMan said:
Nice pick ups Dave..I don't recall much of Hart, but i do Townsend. He was a beast, very athletic for a big guy and with a mean streak.

That White is awesome, nice add..thinking about sending mines in to beckett

Thanks Ron!:D

You're dead on w/ Townsend, he was a very good DE.

I had no idea who Hart was till I saw the Turney Sack List.

The Turney list is a record of sacks identified by NFL researcher John Turney. Turney reviewed old game footage to count the sack total prior to 1982.

1. Bruce Smith 200.0
2. Reggie White 198.0
3. Deacon Jones 173.5
4. Kevin Green 160.0
5. Chris Doleman 150.5
Jack Youngblood 150.5
6. Alan Page 148.5
7. Lawrence Taylor 142.0
8. Michael Strahan 141.5
9. John Randal 137.5
Richard Dent 137.5
10. Rickey Jackson 136.0
11. Carl Eller 133.5
12. Claude Humphrey 132.5
Leslie O'Neal 132.5
13. Coy Bacon 130.0
Al Baker 130.0
14. Jason Taylor 127.5
15. Jim Marshall 127.0
16. Derrick Thomas 126.5
17. Cedrick Hardman 126.0
18. Simeon Rice 122.0
19. Clyde Simmons 121.5
20. Jacob Green 116
21. Harvey Martin 114.0
22. Sean Jones 113.0
23. Lyle Alzado 112.5
24. Randy White 111.0
25. Greg Townsend 109.5
26. Mark Gastineau 107.5
Pat Swilling 107.5
27. Ed Jones 106.0
Trace Armstrong 106.0
28. Elvin Bethia 105.0
29. Neil Smith 104.5
Kevin Carter 104.5
30. Dezter Manley 103.5
31. Fred Dryer 103.0
Jack Gregory 103.0
32. Jim Jeffcoat 102.5
33. Tommy Hart 101.0
34. Charles Haley 100.5
William Fuller 100.5
35. Ezra Johnson 100.0
Andre Tippett 100.0

dfr52 said:
IMO Faulk and Sanders are the locks w/ 1 DE/DT, 1 OL, 1 WR/TE, or Sabol getting in.

I was looking over Doleman's stats and his numbers compare very well w/ Smith and Whites in regards to tackles, sacks, and forced fumbles.

I'm still disappointed that Greene didn't make it to the next round.

I think Greene is penalized for his post-football career and the fact that he pretty much looked and acted like a roided-up meathead.

When the Steelers had Kirkland, Greene, Lloyd and Gildon, jesus.

There's still a bunch of memorabilia out there quad-style, but I can't remember if I've ever seen a card with the four of them.

toppsarchives said:
I think Greene is penalized for his post-football career and the fact that he pretty much looked and acted like a roided-up meathead.

When the Steelers had Kirkland, Greene, Lloyd and Gildon, jesus.

There's still a bunch of memorabilia out there quad-style, but I can't remember if I've ever seen a card with the four of them.

Greene's decisions after his retirement probably haven't helped but I believe what really hurts him as a candidate is a lack of an affiliation with any one team. When it comes time for the pro football writers to discuss the candidates who represents Greene? He played on so many teams that there isn't one organization or city that claims him. Off hand I can't think of any HOF'ers or candidates that were journey men like he was.

On top of those 4 they also had Chad Brown, yea they were stacked inside and outside.lol I believe Lloyds son has a chance to get drafted this year, he's a LB from UConn

dfr52 said:
You should go for it, the edges and corners look very strong.
the card is in perfect condition except for the centering and i know beckett well enough to know that the centering is only going to pull a 7.5 at best :eek:

dfr52 said:
Greene's decisions after his retirement probably haven't helped but I believe what really hurts him as a candidate is a lack of an affiliation with any one team. When it comes time for the pro football writers to discuss the candidates who represents Greene? He played on so many teams that there isn't one organization or city that claims him. Off hand I can't think of any HOF'ers or candidates that were journey men like he was.

On top of those 4 they also had Chad Brown, yea they were stacked inside and outside.lol I believe Lloyds son has a chance to get drafted this year, he's a LB from UConn

This is common place, though. Looking back, it's mainly a result of the salary cap and we're finally starting to get salary cap babies.

Look at Kevin Greene & Deion Sanders. It's not just being a journeyman, it's being an affective journeyman.

Rod Woodson was really the first guy to get inducted as a salary cap baby but switching positions every step of the way really helped him. He's a Steeler in most people's mind, but what's the difference between 10 years and Greene's 7 or 8 as a Ram?

Going forward it's going to be tougher and tougher to find players with teams that represent them. Short of Franchise Quarterbacks, everyone bounces around.

toppsarchives said:
This is common place, though. Looking back, it's mainly a result of the salary cap and we're finally starting to get salary cap babies.

Look at Kevin Greene & Deion Sanders. It's not just being a journeyman, it's being an affective journeyman.

Rod Woodson was really the first guy to get inducted as a salary cap baby but switching positions every step of the way really helped him. He's a Steeler in most people's mind, but what's the difference between 10 years and Greene's 7 or 8 as a Ram?

Going forward it's going to be tougher and tougher to find players with teams that represent them. Short of Franchise Quarterbacks, everyone bounces around.

10 years can be a complete HOF career where 7-8 can be considered too short for modern players. IMO not having a ring or playing for a bigger francise probably hurts Greene as well. Had he stayed w/ the Steelers I think he would have a more well known reputation.

dang, been a while since i posted here. got a few HOF pickups, nothing huge though. main 2 were a Tom Landry cut auto and a Emmitt Smith topps on card auto

OilMan said:
the card is in perfect condition except for the centering and i know beckett well enough to know that the centering is only going to pull a 7.5 at best :eek:

So you would be looking at an 8-8.5, depending on the other subs. At least you already know about the centering and would be shocked w/ a 7.5. Other guys would flip out and not understand how the total grade was affected by the centering grade.

Man that Elway in your sig is sharp!:bgo:

A few more pickups:

Dorsett.jpg

FGreggAJ.jpg

I've got two more new additions that I'll be paying for next week, so should be in by the end of the week hopefully.

Also got a few other things I've got my eyes on, but one thing in particular. Won't go into details, but I'll let you guys know if I win! lol

wju2004 said:
A few more pickups:

Dorsett.jpg

FGreggAJ.jpg

I've got two more new additions that I'll be paying for next week, so should be in by the end of the week hopefully.

Also got a few other things I've got my eyes on, but one thing in particular. Won't go into details, but I'll let you guys know if I win! lol
pm me who it is, if it is what i think it is, ill let you go at it. ill stay away from it

Back