Football Pro Football HOF Thread

OilMan said:
Out of the three you mentioned there, Faulk should be the first choice..you would think that would be a no brainer, with all the all purpose yards he put up.

I agree, he was a dynamic weapon and I believe he was the league MVP in 2001. To this day I don't know how the Rams lost to the Pats. IMO Bettis and Martin are a toss-up w/ each having their own strengths and weaknesses.

The NFL Network will begin airing CFL games tomorrow at 7pm.

Key member of the 1985 SB Champions..Nicknamed "Danimal", Played both DE and DT...During his tenure in Chicago (1979-90), the Bears defense ranked #1 in the NFL in allowing the fewest rushing yards, the fewest rushing touchdowns, the fewest total yards, the fewest points and inflicted the most sacks. HOF 2002.

Hampton.jpg

Nice pick-up Ron! Hampton was great against the run and pass. He also had some terrible hair cuts in the 80's.lol Hopefully Dent gets in soon.

Thank you sir.

There were some bad doos in the 80's...Jerry Rice's has to be one at the top of the list lol..the fade was rockin...earned him the nickname "fifii" lol

I believe Dent is hall worthy myself.

OilMan said:
Out of the three you mentioned there, Faulk should be the first choice..you would think that would be a no brainer, with all the all purpose yards he put up.

QFT, he was a do it all RB, and he was probably the key member of that Rams offense. I've always like Martin, the guy never got any kind of recognition, he would just put on the pads and go full speed. He never really had the QB play to help sway defenses from focusing on him.

hector234 said:
QFT, he was a do it all RB, and he was probably the key member of that Rams offense. I've always like Martin, the guy never got any kind of recognition, he would just put on the pads and go full speed. He never really had the QB play to help sway defenses from focusing on him.
Martin, IMO was as consitant as they come, but value to a team and total yds put up, i would put Faulk in first....what you say Dave?

hector234 said:

I agree on Faulk's importance to the Rams offense. He was equally effective in the run or the pass and a threat to go the distance on any play.

I also agree on the the talent surrounding Martin. As consistent as he was the guys around him weren't always dependable. Guys like Pennington and Testaverde were good but not always difference makers. The WR's were lacking as well.

OilMan said:
Martin, IMO was as consitant as they come, but value to a team and total yds put up, i would put Faulk in first....what you say Dave?

Faulk was a dual threat and important to his team but Martin was just as capable in those areas. He just wasn't as explosive as Faulk. If there was a back that got in before Faulk then Martin would be my choice b/c his stats and al time rankings are too impressive to ignore.

dfr52 said:
I agree, he was a dynamic weapon and I believe he was the league MVP in 2001. To this day I don't know how the Rams lost to the Pats. IMO Bettis and Martin are a toss-up w/ each having their own strengths and weaknesses.

The NFL Network will begin airing CFL games tomorrow at 7pm.

thanks for the info, i will be catching a few of these...at least till preseason starts.

OilMan said:
[/B]
thanks for the info, i will be catching a few of these...at least till preseason starts.

I watched the first half of the game and it was different. Almost a mix of the AFL and NFL. There was a 225 LB DT who could really move but no way he could be an interior DL in the NFL.

dfr52 said:
I watched the first half of the game and it was different. Almost a mix of the AFL and NFL. There was a 225 LB DT who could really move but no way he could be an interior DL in the NFL.
i don't know . I know of some 280-300 lb guys that can't play interior DL in the NFL either...COUGH..Amobe..COUGH..COUgh.Okoye

OilMan said:
i don't know . I know of some 280-300 lb guys that can't play interior DL in the NFL either...COUGH..Amobe..COUGH..COUgh.Okoye

Ouch! Burning your own player.lol

Maybe he'll bounce back this year.

yea, i heard that Dave...He gave us some great football and made Fouts a HOF'er...sad news...watching the vids on your link brings back memories..Jefferson and Chandler were great also

OilMan said:
yea, i heard that Dave...He gave us some great football and made Fouts a HOF'er...sad news...watching the vids on your link brings back memories..Jefferson and Chandler were great also

I was hoping he would make it into the HOF before passing.:(

Those teams had to be fun to watch.

Back