Points Contest: 2500 Points Up For Grabs!

Archangel

Bench Warmer
Sorry, NO MODERATORS :(
Build The Ultimate Bucket!
Here's your chance to pick up a nice chunk of site points. For you newer users, this could be a great start to purchasing cards at point auctions, or upgrading your user account!
Here's how this one works:
I have been constantly trying to update my Photobucket and arrange alot of cards as efficently and user friendly as I can. My goal is to create a photobucket that is chock-full of scans, but at the same time be as user friendly as possible. Anyone who has looked at my bucket knows that it's not too hard to get lost when you're trying to look through it. Even I get lost in there!
So here is what I want from you...........Take a good look through my bucket. Offer your suggestions for the most user friendly and efficient use of scans. At the end of the week, myself and other Moderators will look over all of the suggestions for the best layout and design. Winner takes all in this one folks! If, by chance, 2 designs are chosen to be combined, I will split the points equally among the 2 winning layouts. Remember, this is a contest, use your imagination and design "The Ultimate Photobucket"
The winning design(s) will be announced on Sunday, Sept. 9th
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind when setting up your design:
Ease of use, and user friendly interface is top priority!
I want to use individual scans of the cards much more than grouping multiple cards into one scan.
I want to put in alot of scans. You never know what card someone might need.:D
I want a clear division of sports. Sub-Categories are open to your interpretation.
The only sub-albums off limits are: "Ebay", "Loading", "Stuff", "Tools", & "Traded Pending Gone". Everything else is fair game.
Everything comes into play: Color scheme, Categories, Scan Size, Etc...
Well..........Have at it folks! Let's see some real thought go into this, there could possibly be a little something to go along with those points. ;) Good Luck Freaks!
My Bucket...........................

what a dumb idea :)

makes me wannna

4f511585.gif

I think your is set up just fine - making all these complicated pages and colors and such just makes it confusing and unenjoyable to look at
Keep it simple - I think its looks fine just the way it is...

Did I win??? LOL

What I noticed straight away and got confused about was....

The two sections.
Non sport card collectibles and
Non sport cards etc

I had to enter those sections to understand the difference lol
I believe the term non sport cards are strictly cards of anything except sports :)

So may I suggest you name the sections,

Non sport cards - for non sport cards, comics etc

Sports memorabilias and collectibles - for your cool sport stuff (not cards) :D

That way if anyone had the same problem as me - they instantly know the difference? What do you think?

I think your format is fine - nothing wrong with it.
It is the standard after all ;)

The problem some collectors (myself included) can't be bothered looking up buckets because most of the cards are just scanned.
We like a bit of extra info in the heading such as

05'06 Exquisite Babe Ruth auto /100.

Something short and sweet like that is perfect! :)

I hate it when I am looking for say.. Michael Jordan.
Check out bucket.
See a Jordan scan that says Jordan /250.
I might have heaps of Jordan /250s, now I gotta click on the scan to enlarge it and actually see what the card is before knowing if I have it or not.
A big time waster and most of the time, I still don't know what it is so I have to PM the person and ask.
Get the answer, then look up BV. Just too much bother before we actually start discussing a trade lol

If it said Jordan Exquisite gold /250. Bingo I know what it is.
Look up the BV, PM the guy my trade offer.
HUGE TIME SAVER and not so frustrating :)

You have done this for some cards so if you could do that for every single card, you will be god to traders like me :D

Those are my two main suggestions :)

Goodluck sorting your stuff out.

Cheers

Great suggestions Hands! :eek: :) So far, you have my vote! :cool: Now can someone please call rescue for me, as I seem to be lost, and trapped inside Mikey's Photobucket! :D

My bucket's a wreck right now.............I'm extending the contest!
I really need some help here guys, I'm waaaaaay toooo OCD to get this thing straightened out. I really think that it's going to take a combinaion of suggestions. C'mon people!!! Lend a hand here!!!

abc order would help. and you could fix it that if a person is looking for a certain item have a search bar so they can just typ it in and go.

also i noticed that you need to put a little heading on ever card to tell about i noticed that on alot you just had the name only.tell what year # and stuff like that. u had the football ok . and also a man can get lost in there if dont watch what he is doing.

Is there an option in Photobucket for a search bar??? I'm working on adding names as we speak. IMO if you're collecting and trading most everybody knows what year and brand they are looking at. I'm adding pertinent information such as numbering and type of parallel etc...

huntingman said:
abc order would help. and you could fix it that if a person is looking for a certain item have a search bar so they can just typ it in and go.

I didn't know you could do that?

If you can - that is a BRILLIANT suggestion :)

Yeah a search bar would help considerably. I'm in process of making it over and updating right now. The football section is updated and I think I'm done adding categories in tha section..........take a look and let me know what you think...........oh, and be carefull not to get lost in there..lol

Back