Notified I'm a Power Seller - Can't activate = Fail

Krusin

retired hippie
Got a message from E-Bay that I made the PowerSeller program. The message had a Power Seller Portal link to go to & activate the account. I press the link & get this -

We're sorry, but this User ID is not recognized as being qualified for the eBay Powerseller Program at this time.

The eBay PowerSeller Program sends monthly email invitations to qualified members. Please check your email inbox frequently for your invitation.

If you believe there is an error regarding your membership status, please check the PowerSeller FAQ for additional details and email PowerSeller customer support at [email protected].

Why send the message if I can't activate the account. Only reason I got excited is for the discount you get on seller fees. I would prefer to get the Preferred Seller icon & thought I'd qualified for that sooner than the Power Seller thing. Guessing it's a right hand left had thing & I'll be able to activate later.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I think I'm in, here's the orginal message -

Dear tn_krusin,

Congratulations on becoming a PowerSeller and welcome to the program!

Your recent selling activity and great service to your customers qualify you for the eBay PowerSeller program as a Bronze PowerSeller. You are now eligible to enjoy great benefits, such as:

•The opportunity to become a Top-rated seller with even greater rewards
•Priority customer service with 24 hour email and chat support
•Final Value Fee discounts
•Unpaid item protection
•UPS discounts
•Healthcare options
•Networking on the exclusive PowerSeller Discussion Board
•And other benefits exclusive to PowerSellers--visit your customized PowerSeller portal page for more info
To ensure you remain in the PowerSeller program or to improve your status and become a Top-rated seller, check your Seller Dashboard regularly to track your standing toward the PowerSeller requirements, such as sales activity, feedback and detailed seller ratings performance, and eBay policy compliance.

To receive updates about your PowerSeller program benefits, changes in status, important seller announcements that may impact your business, seller newsletters, and limited-time listing offers, please make sure you're opted in to receive mail, email, and telephone communications from eBay. Visit the Preferences area of your My eBay page.

Again, congratulations on your achievement and welcome to the eBay PowerSeller program!

Sincerely,

i think it's a timming issue

:scratch:

not sure...bronze powerseller gets 5% return on fee day on FVF...i was getting 20% of FVF back when i was TRS, no clue how people justify giving me 1's and 2's on shipping price (2.50 on first, 0.15 on those after), or shipping time, when ive only waited more than 1 business day to ship something out in over the past year...

as soon as the d-bag ratings drop i should be back to 20% rates, but by then i probably wont be a powerseller cause i dont sell crap these days...

I think I got the same e-mail, but I don't sell that much, so I didn't click on any links. But, the next time I went to eBay I noticed that I have the power seller logo by my ID anyways. Perhaps you don't have to do anything at all?? Though I haven't checked to see if fees changed for me or anything.

Back