Baseball Need some advice about IP autos

xShowtime32x

Bench Warmer
Hey guys I'm mostly a basketball collector but tomorrow I'm going to the Pirates vs. Astros game and I had a couple of questions. I have been told that official MLB balls are pretty much the only balls worth getting signed as the auto begins to fade on others but they are about $15 a piece which is much to expensive for me (broke 15 year old kid lol). I was wondering what other things you guys like to get signed? I was thinking about just getting some index cards so I can still get nice clear autos. I probably will buy one ball though for Hunter Pence as he is my favorite player of the two teams. The other question I had was about what time I should get to the field to ask for autos (it's a 7:15 game) and where/when is the best place to ask for them. Thanks and sorry for the long read.

I get baseball cards signed, but I doubt you have any. You can usually buy a team set of the hometeam at their store for around $5. 8x10's, Programs, & baseballs are the most popular beside cards.

I suggest as early as you can before all the good spots are taken. The Pirates will be less crowded, but not as many players worth getting. The closer to the dugout, the better your chances.

tigsfan said:
I get baseball cards signed, but I doubt you have any. You can usually buy a team set of the hometeam at their store for around $5. 8x10's, Programs, & baseballs are the most popular beside cards.

I suggest as early as you can before all the good spots are taken. The Pirates will be less crowded, but not as many players worth getting. The closer to the dugout, the better your chances.

Actually the only Pirate I'm really interested in getting is Sanchez. I'm more worried about getting Hunter Pence actually lol. I have a few cards but I'm not a huge fan of IP autographed cards and they are hard to display. Where could I go about getting some nice balls where the auto won't bleed/fade but won't cost me a fortune?

xShowtime32x said:
Actually the only Pirate I'm really interested in getting is Sanchez. I'm more worried about getting Hunter Pence actually lol. I have a few cards but I'm not a huge fan of IP autographed cards and they are hard to display. Where could I go about getting some nice balls where the auto won't bleed/fade but won't cost me a fortune?

Batting practice (if they have it) is the cheapest way.;) After that, I'm not really sure. Try a sports apparel store (like Dunham's or D.ick's Sporting Goods) because I would think that would be the cheapest.

actually mlb balls are up to 23 dollars at the game and i have had many ip autos on regular balls that havent faded:
scott proctor
mo rivera
scott kazmir
russell branyan
johnny gomes
clay bellenger
tim salmon
jorge cantu
not faded for a few years some of them

theautocollector said:
actually mlb balls are up to 23 dollars at the game and i have had many ip autos on regular balls that havent faded:
scott proctor
mo rivera
scott kazmir
russell branyan
johnny gomes
clay bellenger
tim salmon
jorge cantu
not faded for a few years some of them

What kind of balls did you use, where did you get them, and how much were they? Thanks a lot

just your average ball i used those official league balls they sell them at sporting good stores 3-5 dollars and if you dont want them to fade put them in a case

lol, its probably a little late b/c I noticed this post is a couple days old. One tip to use when getting baseballs autographed that I learned quick, is use a regular ink pen instead of a sharpie marker. A sharpy is good on pretty much every other item, but a regular old ink pen is the best I have used and have seen and heard of to use for getting baseballs signed. Usually blue is better in my opinion aswell.

I usually go with getting the ticket signed. I used to buy the baseballs out of the Wal Mart sports section because I know that I am not getting rid of them at all. I have gotten Caps, mini bats, mini posters, 8 x 10s and sometimes pics provided by the stadium to get auto'd. I would say to show up around 2-3 hours early (as soon as the doors open). I have walked away with over 20 autos doing it that way and I usually have no trouble.

Good Luck and post any news about the autos u get
"BAM"

Well guys ended up getting caught up at work and didn't even make the game until the top of the 2nd. Thanks for the tips though and I will be sure to take your guy's advice next time.

Back