My new favorite hockey card

Brad

Bench Warmer
I know I have not done too much in hockey, but this is hands down my favorite, and will be hard to top. It is his only certified autograph and probably will stay that way with his heath condition :cry:

In case you do not know what happened, him, Slava Fetisov, and an equipment manager, Sergei Menisikanov (probably butchered the spelling), were in a limo after partying while celebrating the Cup Win (back in 1997). The driver of the limo was drunk and had a suspended liscence crashed. Valddy and Sergei were in serious condition and still have not fully recovered. Vladdy was a young up-and-coming defensemen who was very physical, so I liked his style of play.

So without further adue

Vladimir Konstantinov BAP auto
vladdyauto.jpg

Great card! And yes, he was a great d-man who would have been damn good for many years. He is not in great condition still to this day and it's a real shame.

I hated him when he played, but he certainly was a damn good player!! Shame to hear that he's still in bad health. I remember hearing about the accident, but I guess I didn't realize how it left him.

Thanks guys. I would like to think, he would still be a Red Wing, but who knows after the salary cap because of the lockout. But, he is only like 36 and could have been on the pairing with Lidstrom

I still like his quote which summe dup his game, "I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Vlady

my favorite defensemen and the only reason i even started collecting cards. my ex has all of my konstantinov cards. he by far is one of the greats. he was up and coming and would just punish people if that accident didn't happen.

Back