My Football Autos (Scans)

Great looking PC. I take it Packers is your favorite team right?

But it really looks like you collect like I do in Baseball

Great looking PC. I take it Packers is your favorite team right?

But it really looks like you collect like I do in Baseball
Thanks. I don't think of it in terms of being a personal collection, as I just consider it my collection. In other words, I collect cards and don't really specialize, except for an attempt at the Packers, most of which were bought in eBay "lots" a few years back. A lot of the other cards came from boxes, which means I have tons of base cards and inserts too.

One thing I'll probably never do again is purchase rookie boxes. I checked-out the players I have and quite a few never even played a game in the NFL. They might be signed by a team, but only play on the practice squad. I still like their cards, but they are essentially worthless. So, when I buy a box and don't get a "hit"...one of the eventual "stars"...I more or less wasted my $$$, and that happens too often with those boxes lol

Eh, I had to try once in a while, and occasionally I got lucky. I got some great autos and rookies from Topps Pristine ($30 a pack), including a Shaq auto and a rare Dwight Howard that's probably worth over a $100, so I didn't do too bad overall. I got that Jordan from a cheap box, and that's worth some $$$. I bought a few packs of Just Minors once and got an Alfonso Soriano rookie that made my day.

Aside from $$$ value, which is important, I appreciate the cards for their historical and artistic values too. From that perspective I'm content with what I've collected.

Thanks. I don't think of it in terms of being a personal collection, as I just consider it my collection. In other words, I collect cards and don't really specialize, except for an attempt at the Packers, most of which were bought in eBay "lots" a few years back. A lot of the other cards came from boxes, which means I have tons of base cards and inserts too.

One thing I'll probably never do again is purchase rookie boxes. I checked-out the players I have and quite a few never even played a game in the NFL. They might be signed by a team, but only play on the practice squad. I still like their cards, but they are essentially worthless. So, when I buy a box and don't get a "hit"...one of the eventual "stars"...I more or less wasted my $$$, and that happens too often with those boxes lol

Eh, I had to try once in a while, and occasionally I got lucky. I got some great autos and rookies from Topps Pristine ($30 a pack), including a Shaq auto and a rare Dwight Howard that's probably worth over a $100, so I didn't do too bad overall. I got that Jordan from a cheap box, and that's worth some $$$. I bought a few packs of Just Minors once and got an Alfonso Soriano rookie that made my day.

Aside from $$$ value, which is important, I appreciate the cards for their historical and artistic values too. From that perspective I'm content with what I've collected.
Good answer!! Looks like we may need to do some trading at some point I am trading my football cards for baseball or cowboys only. I will have to start posting trade pics and go from there. Wouldnt mind helping out your PC when I can

Good answer!! Looks like we may need to do some trading at some point I am trading my football cards for baseball or cowboys only. I will have to start posting trade pics and go from there. Wouldnt mind helping out your PC when I can
Sure.

Also, I can post my Baseball and Cowboys in the Trade forums, and if you're interested you can make an offer. I'm against paying for postage, but I can compensate that with a better deal for you in "trade" for postage, if that's OK. Otherwise, I can't trade. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't spend money on my collection, for the foreseeable future.

I used to trade on another site and wound up taking all my trades down to keep people from bugging me lol I was getting good deals, but simply couldn't afford to keep spending money on cards. Too bad too, as I was getting rid of a lot of cards I didn't want, and getting decent cards in return. If I had a better income, I'd still be trading there.

Anyway, once I get some cards posted, I'll let you know about it, and maybe we can make a trade.

Back