Basketball My awesome experience at the Cavs - Thunder game

GotGibson?

Bench Warmer
OK...most of you know by now that I am a huge Cavs fan. Have been for a while now and LeBron is my favorite player, but I quit collecting him about 2-3 months ago mainly because his stuff is too much for me to have a "real" collection.

So I started collecting Daniel Gibson and it really took off. Here is the story...

I get to the game Sunday early to get in line and get ready for just one auto this time. Only person I have on my mind is Daniel Gibson. Tons of people in line were talking how they could't wait because they were going to get LeBron and stuff. I wanted to tell them so bad that he wouldn't come out, but I just couldn't...noobs :p.

They let us in and I am still not even sure if Daniel will be there. He got hurt about two weeks ago and hadn't been playing. I head down the stairs and as I get down there Big Z is signing and Cavs coach Mike Brown comes out of the tunnel. I get his attention and ask if "Boobie" is playing. He tells me that he is and at that moment I had my mind set that I was getting his autograph.

I wait for a while and finally he comes out and shoots. He does so for about 30-45 minutes and starts heading back towards the tunnel and I get my card ready. There are TONS of people there, mainly wanting LeBron, so Gibson skips a whole section...just happens to be the section I am in :(. I yell at him, but he won't come back. I this point I should mention that I am the ONLY one with a Gibson jersey on and am one of the 15 wanting this auto. I keep on asking, but he just won't come back. Then, it happened. Some guy and his little girl are right in the front, but aren't getting his auto and see me. They get my attention and let me get in front of them and Daniel comes by and signs for me. I was the LAST one he signed for! :D I tell the guy thanks so much and hand him $5 for letting me get in front of him for that. Scan to come later...;)

Now for the second part of the story...

There was about a minute left in the 4th quarter and I head down by the Cavs bench to try to get Gibson's jersey. The quarter ends and I try my hardest, but he just keeps walking. I "sneek" down on to the floor and ask for his headband, but he throws it up to the other side. I turn around to leave, when I see LeBron James signing autographs! :eek: LeBron is literally RIGHT beside me (I could have hugged him if I wanted to) and I have NOTHING for him to sign. :mad: I also didn't have a camera with me. :mad: Oh, and did I mention he gave his SHOES to someome! :mad:

It was definitely an experience I will never forget and I did learn a lesson. No matter what you hear about "big name" players not signing, take something just incase because you never know. Sorry for the long read...still kinda excited LOL.

Almost forgot...
EXCyanPlate.jpg

Back