Mike's Pro Football Hall of Fame Collection

Sweeeeet stuff..

Seeing that Young reminds me you still have one for me that Bats gave me when I got shut out in his break a while back lol

Let's go ahead and stick with patches here one more time. This is a small piece, but it's still a sweet one.

08lcffotg725.jpg

Charlie Joiner /25

This is a card that has been displayed on this site numerous times, and will probably be shown again many times in the future. I mean, it is the favorite piece of my collection, by a long shot. It's always been a part of my Cowboys collection, but since realizing that I always seem to be looking for HOFers more than Cowboys I decided that I'd switch all my HOF Cowboys from that PC to this HOF PC.

Let me, once again, give thanks to @Cool_Hand_Flash and his fiance Vibe for this one. The best freebie I've ever even seen given, to anyone! I just wish I could figure out how to make it look as nice in the scan as it does in hand.

06eeita1025.jpg

Troy Aikman /25

Now that you've seen Aikmain, let's now take a look at the other 2/3rds of maybe the best "triplets" to ever play the game (yeah, I'm biased!).

I picked this one up in a trade with @Cool_Hand_Flash.

07pntadpmi1725.jpg

Michael Irvin /25

This one came from @Batman1641's group break.

10llatpes1925.jpg

Emmitt Smith /25

Last edited:
Let's go ahead and finish up the multi-colored patches today with the one I've actually had longer than any of the others. Got this one in a trade on another site from a guy who is no longer even active in the trading card community anymore, which is a shame because he was a really good dude.

08dccsmm925.jpg

Marion Motley /25

I'm probably moving too quickly, but I want to get this caught up pretty soon so I'm only adding new additions to the thread. Nothing too special here, but this is the one that random.org decided was next.

09cigu1250.jpg

Gene Upshaw /250

Here is what is probably the biggest mystery in my entire collection. A single color jersey card with a BV of $80. There are at least 10 in this set and they all have the same BV. I assume that the set is highly collectable which drives the price up. I can also say I've never seen another one on eBay. Not just another one of mine, but I haven't seen any of the others in the entire set.

06fhrsjrs725.jpg

Roger Staubach /25

Well, I thought I had shown all my multi-colored patches, but I somehow missed this one. Kind of odd too considering it's one of my favorites.

11ntnntd3350.jpg

Tony Dorsett /50

Now let's see a little older card from National Treasures. In my opinion, the looks of NT has gotten slowly worse over the last 5 years. Even though the photo of the players is small, I always liked the look of these '06 Canton Classics.

06ntccjbs3699.jpg

Bart Starr /99

Last edited:
Here are the additions that all came in today's mail. Great mail day for me!

12pnttdm4249.jpg

Don Maynard /49

11pgsgalm3799.jpg

Lenny Moore /99

11pgsgayat2950.jpg

Y.A. Tittle /50

13ppffjn2299.jpg

Joe Namath /99

Back