Football Marshall absent again

GotGibson?

Bench Warmer
Brandon Marshall, who met with Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and coach Josh McDaniel Friday night, did not show at the second day of mandatory minicamp Saturday, according to a report in the Denver Post.

The wide receiver is recovering from offseason hip surgery, but is still obligated to attend team meetings and work with medical personnel on his rehab.

He also bypassed the three weeks of voluntary passing camp prior to the minicamp.

Marshall is due $2.2 million this season, the final year of a four-year contract he signed as a rookie.

After the meeting, Bowlen told ESPN's Ed Werder that he has a good relationship with Marshall and said, "I'm very keen on having Brandon play for the Broncos."

Marshall drove away from the team's training complex after Friday's meeting, which lasted about 1 hour, 15 minutes, but didn't stop to speak with reporters. He was seen carting several boxes to his car, according to the Post.

The Pro Bowl receiver has caught 226 passes for 2,899 yards and 15 touchdowns during his three-year Denver career. He's had at least 100 receptions each of the last two years.

i swear to god if marshall insnt a bronco this year OR next i will never be a denver fan again...and i have been a fan since i could walk.....GET IT TOGETHER DENVER AND MARSHALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Back