Les Miles putting up bulletin board material, stay classy!

I agree SEC is clearly the best football conference, but if they want to shut their critics up they need to leave the south and go win/play games at USC, Texas, Ohio St., Michigan, Oklahoma etc...

Oregon v. Georgia and Cal v. Tenn are examples of games that need to be played yearly (opponents changing of course).

I agree,,, and I think Oregon is right on par with Mississippi State as Brett's post showed, and I have said from the beginning USC is an elite team.

and on the strength of schedule thing, LSU plays Va Tech this year (not sure if it is at home or on the road) last time we played them we played them there... and we are playing them early in the season, before they start their yearly slide.

If there as an SEC/Pac 10 show down, matching up the #1 teams from each conference, #2 teams, and so on, there is no doubt in my mind the SEC would win at least 7 of the 10 games. The top teams in the conference are evenly matched, but when you get to the mid-lower levels of each conference, this is when the SEC seperates iteself from the Pac 10. The middle teams of the SEC are Auburn, Tennessee, and two out of Alabama/South Carolina/Arkansas. Pit these "average" SEC teams against average Pac 10 teams, and it would get ugly. Arkansas vs. Oregon State? Arkansas blows the hell out of them. Have you seen McFadden and Felix Jones play together? Damn, they had that season last year without a passing game to speak of!! Tennessee vs. Oregon? As much as I hate Tennessee, they would win walking away. Remember what they had last year that Cal didn't? Speed all over the freakin' place, the SEC thrives on it more than any other conference. Not to mention, most SEC teams are very physical as well.

The #9 and #10 teams in the SEC are Kentucky and Vanderbilt. They would destroy whoever the bottom two teams in the Pac 10 are (Stanford and Washington?). The strength from the SEC is from top to bottom, not just the top like many other conferences.

If there as an SEC/Pac 10 show down, matching up the #1 teams from each conference, #2 teams, and so on, there is no doubt in my mind the SEC would win at least 7 of the 10 games. The top teams in the conference are evenly matched, but when you get to the mid-lower levels of each conference, this is when the SEC seperates iteself from the Pac 10. The middle teams of the SEC are Auburn, Tennessee, and two out of Alabama/South Carolina/Arkansas. Pit these "average" SEC teams against average Pac 10 teams, and it would get ugly. Arkansas vs. Oregon State? Arkansas blows the hell out of them. Have you seen McFadden and Felix Jones play together? Damn, they had that season last year without a passing game to speak of!! Tennessee vs. Oregon? As much as I hate Tennessee, they would win walking away. Remember what they had last year that Cal didn't? Speed all over the freakin' place, the SEC thrives on it more than any other conference. Not to mention, most SEC teams are very physical as well.

The #9 and #10 teams in the SEC are Kentucky and Vanderbilt. They would destroy whoever the bottom two teams in the Pac 10 are (Stanford and Washington?). The strength from the SEC is from top to bottom, not just the top like many other conferences.

Oregon St. v. Arkansas at the end of the year would have been anyone's game.

Also you cant use this theory of 1 v. 1, 2 v.2... You have a 10 team versus 12 team thing going and leaving off the weakest two would obviously adjust things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, depth, with the exception of Stanford, is the Pac 10s strength.. and it wasn't that long ago that the Cardinals were in the mix. Arkansas OSU would be a fun game :D Everyone is on their train now, and Floridas, yet not to far back neither mattered. I like Arkansas running backs, but they won't matter this year either. Of course since their non conference consists of Troy, North Texas and Div IAA Chattanooga, they most likely will be 5-0 going into their home game against Auburn on Oct 13. PLaying 8 games at home will help them out as well :D

Back