Les Miles putting up bulletin board material, stay classy!

Actually pac 10 is much more balanced than the SEC, with exception of last couple years under Carrol, there have been many different members stepping up to win the conference crown. Oregon had just come off something like a 20-4 conference record and back to back titles. What amuses me (and I know some others) is one of the main claims to fame of the SEC fans is that they beat themselves, but look what happens when they play out of conference consistently. LSU almost lost to a middle of the road Beavers squad, and should have except for that horrible kicking night (blame voodoo) :D Arkansas got manhandled. Tenn did crush Cal last year, with a ton of big 40 plus td plays (what 6). Don't expect that to happen on the road. Not to mention, Pac 10 plays their entire conference each year, no free passes. Granted it just started, but before they played at least 8 of the 9 opponents. I'm not saying SEC teams are the MAC, they just need to get over themselves some :D

Actually pac 10 is much more balanced than the SEC, with exception of last couple years under Carrol, there have been many different members stepping up to win the conference crown. Oregon had just come off something like a 20-4 conference record and back to back titles. What amuses me (and I know some others) is one of the main claims to fame of the SEC fans is that they beat themselves, but look what happens when they play out of conference consistently. LSU almost lost to a middle of the road Beavers squad, and should have except for that horrible kicking night (blame voodoo) :D Arkansas got manhandled. Tenn did crush Cal last year, with a ton of big 40 plus td plays (what 6). Don't expect that to happen on the road. Not to mention, Pac 10 plays their entire conference each year, no free passes. Granted it just started, but before they played at least 8 of the 9 opponents. I'm not saying SEC teams are the MAC, they just need to get over themselves some :D

after Katrina where a lot of those kids had their homes destroyed... and almost is not a loss.

and also, no they do not need to get over themselves... the only reason why idiots on the coasts east and west do not all universally recognize the SEC is the elite conference is that the media pushes right and left coast schools (Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, and other schools down our throats)... the other schools get all the media hype. People talk about a USC three-peat with LSU as the after thought, when LSU won the BCS crown, the way the Colleges decided to name a champion.

I wish I could play the Pac 10 every year -- we might lose a few to USC, but when it comes down to it

Florida
LSU
Georgia
Auburn
Tennessee
South Carolina
Alabama
Arkansas

is better than the top from any other conference...

the only way to match up with them is if you took these schools and put them in one conference

USC
Texas
Oklahoma
Wisconsin
Michigan
Florida State
Notre Dame
Miami

Mike, Katrina hit in August of 2005, Oregon State played in that rain squall in September ish 2004 (whenever opening day was)

you are right what an embarrassment. I probably have to hang myself in my closet if we lost to those cowards, good thing we won that game.

Thought there were more, checked last five years...

#18 USC vs Auburn W 24-17
#15 Oregon vs Mississippi State W 36-13

#13 LSU @ Arizona W 59-13
#8 USC @ #6 Auburn W 23-0
Oregon @ Mississippi State W 42-34

#4 LSU vs Oregon State W 22-21

#5 LSU @ #15 Arizona State W 35-31
#1 USC vs Arkansas 70-17

#8 LSU vs Arizona W 45-3
#6 USC @ Arkansas W 50-14
#4 Auburn vs Washington State W 40-14
#23 Tennessee vs California W 35-18

Pac 10 played SEC heads up 12 times in 5 years with each winning 6... Only one matchup featured both unranked (oregon vs MSU) and only two matchups had the lower ranked team winning (Tenn over Cal at home last year and USC @ Auburn). USC and LSU are each 4-0. Oregon is 2-0, Auburn, Arizona, and Arkansas 0-2. I'm looking forward to the Tenn Oregon and Georgia Oregon matchups :D

Pac 10 played SEC heads up 12 times in 5 years with each winning 6... Only one matchup featured both unranked (oregon vs MSU) and only two matchups had the lower ranked team winning (Tenn over Cal at home last year and USC @ Auburn). USC and LSU are each 4-0. Oregon is 2-0, Auburn, Arizona, and Arkansas 0-2. I'm looking forward to the Tenn Oregon and Georgia Oregon matchups :D
Me too. Im going to keep changing my major so I can keep getting student tickets at the age of 50. :salut:

and also, no they do not need to get over themselves... the only reason why idiots on the coasts east and west do not all universally recognize the SEC is the elite conference is that the media pushes right and left coast schools (Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, and other schools down our throats)... the other schools get all the media hype. People talk about a USC three-peat with LSU as the after thought, when LSU won the BCS crown, the way the Colleges decided to name a champion.

I agree SEC is clearly the best football conference, but if they want to shut their critics up they need to leave the south and go win/play games at USC, Texas, Ohio St., Michigan, Oklahoma etc...

Oregon v. Georgia and Cal v. Tenn are examples of games that need to be played yearly (opponents changing of course).

I agree SEC is clearly the best football conference, but if they want to shut their critics up they need to leave the south and go win/play games at USC, Texas, Ohio St., Michigan, Oklahoma etc...

Oregon v. Georgia and Cal v. Tenn are examples of games that need to be played yearly (opponents changing of course).

SEC is good, not the best ;)

Back