Racing Kvapil faces imprisonment

jayski.com is reporting the same story, with an update:

The team [BK Racing] told Sporting News it had no comment yet on the incident. Kvapil has been released from custody, according to a state offender database. NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said the sanctioning body has no comment at this time with the matter in the hands of legal authorities.

And here is something from the jayski.com story that caught my eye and has me scratching my head:

BK Racing posted a photo of Kvapil and Reutimann's race cars on Twitter around 1:00pm/et on Wednesday showing both cars with ribbons supporting Breast Cancer Awareness and Domestic Violence Awareness. That photo was pulled from Twitter after news of Kvapil's arrest broke.

Way-to-go Kvapil... not only did you embarrass yourself, but you also embarrassed NASCAR and it's thousands-plus followers.

The one thing I give the sponsor/team created they are standing by him and not running away and dropping him. Although he's just accused of assault and not the much worse crime of cheating in a Nascar race for points if he had done that then he would be in trouble.

Those sponsors are probably just wincing the entire time. Can you imagine losing that type of sponsorship? Being on top sure makes people think they are invincible. Glad to see some justice was served.

Back