Racing NASCAR Driver Steals Hauler?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Mike Harmon (Nationwide Driver) was arrested on charges that he stole a former teammates hauler! Of course he claims he is innocent...

This story IS NOT getting the media attention that it deserves or maybe we will see this on the next episode of "World's Dumbest Crooks"...

News from wcnc.com and NBC Charlotte N.C.:

A NASCAR owner-driver was booked Wednesday on charges he stole a former teammate-turned-competitor's hauler.

Mike Harmon, of Mike Harmon Racing, was arrested in Cleveland County on felony larceny and breaking and entering charges. Sheila Rae Rice was also arrested on the same charges.

Both posted a $10,000 bond.

Rowan County deputies said Harmon stole a 2004 Ultra hauler from Jennifer Jo Cobb Racing Saturday morning. The Mooresville race shop sent NBC Charlotte surveillance video of the hauler driving off the lot.

The hauler was valued at more than $250,000. According to driver/owner Jennifer Jo Cobb, the team's equipment was also taken.

"At least $50,000 worth of driving gear," explained Cobb. "So now I have to borrow helmets, harness devices, find old uniforms that they can wear and hope that they haven't gone out of certification because there are safety ratings on everything."

Cobb added that teams had donated enough to ensure JJCR would be able to participate in this weekend’s races in Charlotte.

After bonding out of jail, Harmon defended himself online, tweeting, “I want it known that I have never stolen so much as a piece of bubble gum in my life. I did not take JJC hauler, there is no video of me anywhere near her shop. Today she was the windshield & I was the bug, but when we get in FEDERAL court in a couple wks there's a boulder coming.”

Harmon is a former team manager of JJC Racing.

Back