It is YEARS later and Gregg Williams still sucks...

thepistonsfan

Bench Warmer
Wow, he was coached right off the field today. That defense got outcoached, crushed and beaten all over the field, in every aspect of the game.

Stop the pass? Not a chance. He was carved up.

Rush the QB? Not effective.

Stop the run? Absolutely crushed.

And all of this against arguably the weakest playoff team in NFL history.

Gregg, you are no different than Buddy Ryan. You come in one season and act like a prick, and the players play hard in a new system. After the first year, everyone hates you and your highlighted hair, and you get destroyed.

My Skins may not be the best team right now, but thank God we didn't keep this moron.

Buddy Ryan didnt win the Super Bowl in his first year with the Bears, he was a holdover from when they brought in Da Coach :snooty:

I don't like some of the comments he makes.
But, I think he is a pretty good DC.
He runs a pretty risky scheme, but w/that offense it usually works.
If he got my team a ring. I would take him in a heartbeat!

Jenkins, Vilma and Ellis are excellent starters. Porter and Greer are serviceable CB's and the depth is decent there. Will Smith and Remi Ayodele are good lineman and Roman Harper is a good in the box safety. The OLB's are terrible and Alex Brown was a poor FA pickup for LDE. Sharper never recovered from the knee injury fully and has lost his range, his best asset.

If we got a solid pass rush DE to book end Smith and a couple impact outside linebackers it would do the trick. The secondary is good enough if there is a pass rush. Because we can't get pressure with 4 forces Williams into too many unwise blitzes and Seattle was great with the quick passes and double move fades. They ran enough quick out and WR screens that we bit on every double move and got beat deep outside. Harper was especially victimized by this.

That fake down block and peel by Carlson was brilliant.

Back