Racing Is this the end of "Junior Nation"?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
jayski.com reports:

#88 unsponsored for 13 races: NASCAR's most popular driver will enter the 2013 season with 13 unsponsored races. But team owner Rick Hendrick doesn't seem concerned that Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s #88 has open inventory. Hendrick said there has been plenty of interest from sponsors and that he is more concerned with finding a match that will work beyond 2013. "We've got a lot of good opportunities," Hendrick said during Wednesday's stop of the Sprint Media Tour. "The way we're positioned, the car is covered until the end of the summer. I don't have a deadline [for a deal]. I'm not looking at a timeline. I'm looking at the right deal." Hendrick said he was close on two or three deals, but "we haven't put any line in the sand." It was announced last year that National Guard would be on Earnhardt's car for 20 races in 2013. Diet Mountain Dew was contracted for 16 races in 2012 with PepsiCo having the sponsorship rights for 20 races.

What will Junior Nation do if their Golden Boy has to sit out a few races? Come on...it's not like he is going to win!

Im sure if worst came to worst Hendrick would put Hendrick cars.com on it like he did for Kahne when he was short on sponsorship. I think Id be more worried about drivers like the Busch's or Stewart, if clean cut Jr. (well in personality, not the ugly beard thing, lol) cant sponsor 13 races what will happen to the guys who are considered a risk to sponsor in a few years. Maybe we will start running a 25 car field becasue the rest cant get sponsored, LOL!

... I think Id be more worried about drivers like the Busch's or Stewart, if clean cut Jr. (well in personality, not the ugly beard thing, lol) cant sponsor 13 races what will happen to the guys who are considered a risk to sponsor in a few years....

awww...but here's the difference:

The Busch's and Stewart WIN races. That's what the sponsors want to see.

You all need to quit hating on JR. LOL, He is still a good driver. He will hopefully get out of his rut this coming season.

Nah, the sponsors want the driver that will make them the most money. In most cases it is the best driver (ie most wins) but for a select few they dont have to win to sell. Jr is the big one, and Danica too.

really Jr hasnt done too bad, its just his daddys shadow that has doomed him to the nay-sayers (Randy, for one, LOL)

Kyle Busch- 293 starts 24 wins
Kurt Busch- 435 starts 24 wins
Dale Jr. -469 starts 19 wins
Hamlin- 259 starts 22 wins
Kenseth- 472 starts 24 wins
Harvick- 430 starts 19 wins

and you figure Jr had 17 wins in 291 starts in the #8 before he hit "the streak", could just as easily happen to Kryle or Denny, they are at the same point in their carrers as Jr was when his streak started.

Yeah, Jr doesnt have the title that a couple of these guys do, but all in all Id say hes had a pretty dang good carrer. :D

Thanks Pat, Randy is old and forgetful. lol, Dale Jr will prevail.
Nah, the sponsors want the driver that will make them the most money. In most cases it is the best driver (ie most wins) but for a select few they dont have to win to sell. Jr is the big one, and Danica too.

really Jr hasnt done too bad, its just his daddys shadow that has doomed him to the nay-sayers (Randy, for one, LOL)

Kyle Busch- 293 starts 24 wins
Kurt Busch- 435 starts 24 wins
Dale Jr. -469 starts 19 wins
Hamlin- 259 starts 22 wins
Kenseth- 472 starts 24 wins
Harvick- 430 starts 19 wins

and you figure Jr had 17 wins in 291 starts in the #8 before he hit "the streak", could just as easily happen to Kryle or Denny, they are at the same point in their carrers as Jr was when his streak started.

Yeah, Jr doesnt have the title that a couple of these guys do, but all in all Id say hes had a pretty dang good carrer. :D

Two things:

1. Yes, he is in daddy's shadow...but that doesn't matter to me... I never was a Dale Sr fan, and

2. shame on you Pat! as much as I dislike Dale Jr, I would NEVER have mentioned him in the same sentence as Denny Hamlin (who I hate more than I could ever hate Dale Jr!)

...and did I mention that Dale Jr items are still pretty good movers at card shows :)

There is no way Jr will be sitting out any races. Someone will step up, and put their brand on his car. They'd be stupid not to. Junior Nation is larger than life.

Back