Is Baylor for real?

chase88

Bench Warmer
Is it really possible that the Baylor Bears can be a legitimate national title contender? As a Texas Longhorns alum, I think they would keep it competitive with the best of the best, but I need to see more from them in road or neutral site games.

That being said, I predicted them to win the Big 12 this year because of their high powered offense. Even the slightest improvement in their defense, which appears to have happened, would allow them to contend for the conference title.

Art Briles is an outstanding coach from my perspective. He knows how to get his players motivated and can put together a gameplan with the best of them. If they would be in a BCS bowl game and have a few weeks to prepare for a team then I would probably pick Baylor to win., no matter who they play.

It's no doubt that the speed of the players is phenomenal, but good teams have to be able to adjust when the gameplan doesn't go as they wanted it to. Has anyone else had a chance to really watch Baylor and see anything special or not special about them?

Back