Interested in Vintage...

but i have not a clue where to begin. i want to try to focus on UCLA alum and want graded cards, but im not quite sure where to look, nor do i know what are considered good grades for what years. also, is there any type of list that can be easily found of college players who were drafted / have cards? would appreciate any help at all, thanks :D

edited - just realized there was a vintage forums...but it didnt look like too much traffic was going on over there. im just really looking for suggestions and such, but if i need to move it, so be it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're looking to focus your efforts, I am working on compiling a set to hopefully start in the PSA registry for Illinois greats. So I went through their history taking note of all the consensus all-americans, college HOFers, Heisman Hopefuls, record-holders and a general catch-all category to get those players that are clearly Illinois greats but don't fit into any of the above categories (Ray Nitschke, Bobby Mitchell and Simeon Rice to name two).

It gave me a good sized list, and then I went through "My Collections" to determine what each players rookie card is, and now I've got a working list to go off of to pick up RC's of the "all-time" Illini

thanks for the help everyone! granted, seahawcla has a ridiculous collection, i want to try my hand at it. im thinking of picking up a kenny washington...but its terribly Off Centered :(
it is a psa 7, but its really off. does that decrease the value of it a lot, or does it only affect the price a little bit?

thanks for the help everyone! granted, seahawcla has a ridiculous collection, i want to try my hand at it. im thinking of picking up a kenny washington...but its terribly Off Centered :(
it is a psa 7, but its really off. does that decrease the value of it a lot, or does it only affect the price a little bit?

decreases a ton especially if it made in the last 25 years.

PSA 7 OC knocks down actual value of card but its still a 7 . Its also graded so you know its legit . IFis for your PC then get it its not a card that comes around everyday . or go after a cheaper version and get it graded .

Back