Im being proven right...

Seahawcla

Bench Warmer
Slick Rick is an absolute failure as a head coach. I was one of the few that was against this hire on the various UCLA boards when Dorrell was fired.

Neuheisal has a track record of taking good programs and coming out strong before fading in his last few years. At UCLA he got an average program and after his big 4-8 finish we are heading to a second non bowl season.

Dorrell at least got us to bowl games, Neuheisal has recruiting classes of his and KD that have been in the top half of the PAC-10 every year and we get this crap. Norm Chow is not even immune to the ineptness of CRN.

I brought up names like Brian Kelly, Chip Kelly and Bronco Mendenhall and the Bruin faithful kept telling me CRN would save us.

Done venting and UCLA needs to hire me as AD for a week at the end of our second 4-8 season, with a big checkbook.

Obviously having seen the Bruins today, I see what you are talking about out there. The defense played their butts off today. However, I'm failing to see the identity of the offense out there. Guys like Prince and Franklin should improve over time, that's a given.

But they look really young and out of sync out there. I figured between Neuheisel and Chow, they'd have them playing at a pretty sound level by this point in the year. Since they are not, I can see your concern (as a whole). The progression should be visible by this point (to at least some degree).

Brehaut is our best QB and he continues to only see garbage time, teams can win with young QBs if coaching is there.

Every recruiting class UCLA has had in the past five years has been better then Zona, if its not talent its gottabe the coaching. Zona is so much better then UCLA on the field.

I think it comes down to coaching, but not in a general sense, but rather in bringing in players that fit the scheme (recruiting style). You see that at Oregon State with Riley knowing what parts he has to have on offense to get that thing to click. Similar, Stoops and Dykes know what they want in WR's and RB's to fit this system. And they still didn't get the QB part right until game 4.

Potentially, maybe Rick is too enamored with highly rated star #'s and highly-rated classes overall, rather than lower rated players that might better fit his offense? Seeing how he is a public figure, those #'s are essentially how he's evaluated in the off-season by the outside media. I'm not exactly in the know in terms of Bruin football, so I won't pretend I have the answers, but that could be something to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back