If found guilty, I will agree with you all.

You are so ****ing wrong.

I think animals should be protected to some extent, but the $$ being spent on their behalf is too much - esp in this case. An animal's life is worth much less than a human's.

Not to get too political but the leaders of our country have done numerous things tons worse than anything Vick has done.

People need to stop making this case more than it is. We are not dealing with global issues, only with an 18 page indictment against 4 men :D

You are so ****ing wrong.

I think animals should be protected to some extent, but the $$ being spent on their behalf is too much - esp in this case. An animal's life is worth much less than a human's.

Not to get too political but the leaders of our country have done numerous things tons worse than anything Vick has done.

Andy, I love you brother but let me ask you this.

How would you feel if you were standing next to the people who did this while it was happening? Imagine what it would be like hearing those dogs cry and whimper while they are being tortured and thrown against the ground or electrocuted. Not once but at least 8 times. I'm sure more than 8 dogs were killed, but 8 that we know of.

Not that I think animals are more important than people, but these living creatures were tortured and that should not happen to anyone or anything!

Botton line is if this was Brett Favre instead of Michael Vick, I have a hard time believing we get the same outcry.

They should not be removing his jerseys, his cards, his shoes. Maybe they remove ads with him in them.

I am much more OK with violence to dogs than with violence to people.

I do have issues with dogs. I was attacked by dogs when I was a toddler and to this day feel uncomfortable being around larger dogs. When I was 12, my brother was bit by a dog in the face and had to have plastic surgery. At the same time, I have had pet dogs, and did feel the responsibility to keep them fed and healthy and would never do violence to them, except in self defense.

Bottom line is if people were not as attached to their pets as they are, and saw dogs as what they are by nature, this is not news.

Botton line is if this was Brett Favre instead of Michael Vick, I have a hard time believing we get the same outcry.

They should not be removing his jerseys, his cards, his shoes. Maybe they remove ads with him in them.

I am much more OK with violence to dogs than with violence to people.

I do have issues with dogs. I was attacked by dogs when I was a toddler and to this day feel uncomfortable being around larger dogs. When I was 12, my brother was bit by a dog in the face and had to have plastic surgery. At the same time, I have had pet dogs, and did feel the responsibility to keep them fed and healthy and would never do violence to them, except in self defense.

Bottom line is if people were not as attached to their pets as they are, and saw dogs as what they are by nature, this is not news.

But that is what separates us from animals is that we are smarter and more civilized than them.

I can understand your being uncomfortable, but they are still living creatures.

And as far as Favre, I would certainly hope the same thing would be doe to him as Vick. Same situation, same outcome. Favre, Vick, McNabb or anyone else who could do something like that is a sick and twisted individual.

And I also think that we should be even more harsh than we are with crimes against people too. No one or no creature should ever be treated this way, no matter what.

Favre would be getting the exact same treatment from the NFL and endorsements. The difference is he knows better then to fight dogs.

We have a volunteer military. The animals have no choice. I didnt want to go to Iraq, so I didnt join the military.
I also have more compassion for a homeless animal then a homeless person. Call me wrong, but thats how I feel.

I don't understand how anyone can say this. Most homeless people are mentally ill, and many are veterans who have served our country and suffered because of it. Saying you have more compassion for a homeless animal is just despicable. I'm a dog owner and I love my mutt, but I'm not insane enough to value his life over a human being's.

You also may need to brush up on the war a bit. Many of our soldiers are National Guardsmen who have been called up for service, and then overextended. Others are soldiers who have been stop-lossed after completing their obligations. An increasing number of soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan are not there voluntarily. They are being forced to stay beyond their commitment because this administration is so incompetant.

So in addition to all the dead and maimed bodies coming home, we are destroying our national security through precipitous drops in National Guard and military recruitment. Even though you chose not to go to Iraq and let others die for you, you may not have a choice soon enough. There is escalating talk of reinstating the draft to man the Bush wars.

Personally I think Favre would be treated the same if in the same position. Vick has slowly progressed himself to this situation, while Favres only slip up was a pain killer addiction back in the 90s. A 3 time MVP, Super Bowl winner, and all-pro accused of dog fighting? He would be under major scrutiny as well.

I don't understand how anyone can say this. Most homeless people are mentally ill, and many are veterans who have served our country and suffered because of it. Saying you have more compassion for a homeless animal is just despicable. I'm a dog owner and I love my mutt, but I'm not insane enough to value his life over a human being's.

You also may need to brush up on the war a bit. Many of our soldiers are National Guardsmen who have been called up for service, and then overextended. Others are soldiers who have been stop-lossed after completing their obligations. An increasing number of soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan are not there voluntarily. They are being forced to stay beyond their commitment because this administration is so incompetant.

So in addition to all the dead and maimed bodies coming home, we are destroying our national security through precipitous drops in National Guard and military recruitment. Even though you chose not to go to Iraq and let others die for you, you may not have a choice soon enough. There is escalating talk of reinstating the draft to man the Bush wars.

I really wish we had a special section on this forum for politics.......oh, wait.

Im not saying anyone here should agree with me. Its just how I feel. I knew I would get blasted for this. Almost every homeless person I have come in contact with refuse to stay in shelters because they dont want to live by the rules.(curfew, and not drinking.) They are the same people I see out there with a 40 oz in their hand while asking for my change when I leave the post office. Animals are usually homeless because some POS dumped them.

I know there are nice homeless people. When I have an option to give to the united way, or the Calhoun County humane soc. every year, you can guess where my money goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not saying anyone here should agree with me. Its just how I feel. I knew I would get blasted for this. Almost every homeless person I have come in contact with refuse to stay in shelters because they dont want to live by the rules.(curfew, and not drinking.) They are the same people I see out there with a 40 oz in their hand while asking for my change when I leave the post office. Animals are usually homeless because some POS dumped them.

I know there are nice homeless people. When I have an option to give to the united way, or the Calhoun County humane soc. every year, you can guess where my money goes.

The part I bolded should be re-read by a few people here who think they are qualified to change someone else's mind.

But that is what separates us from animals is that we are smarter and more civilized than them.

Not all of us (talking humanity in general).

If Vick is guilty then I hope he receives the max...if he's not, I hope he doesn't get found guilty by association...but at the same time I hope he cuts the bad elements out of his life...sometimes you have got to leave bad things behind when you go on to better yourself.

Peace~
Rima

QUOTE=oregonweim;34754]Vick will have no problem getting a fair legal trial. Innocent or not, he is caught up in these heinous acts and I have no problem with the sponsors or league distancing themselves right now. If he is cleared, he will have no problem recouping his money and his image, I'm sure you have all been inundated with his 'people love me I'm Michael Vick' clip from after his airport incedent.

It isn't fair or right to compare this case to others, but yes, there are far worse crimes against man and nature occuring in the world, but this is about Vick and his co defendants. Everyone chooses what to take action against. I am into animal rescue and homeless issues, but there are other major problems that others put a higher priority on. We are 300 million individuals all with our own views and beliefs.[/QUOTE]

:notworthy::fab::love:[

Back