I know you've thought about it... Would you sell your PC?

CommodoreCountry

Bench Warmer
I am usually not one to complain about "tough economic times", "times being hard, etc..." but as I've needed extra money of late and work has slowed a bit, I've been contemplating selling the Cutler PC.

My wife says I'll regret it and that I should save everything for my son at least. Who's thought about it and what was your decision?

I've never thought about it, but if it came down to food on the table and clothes on the back for my kid (if I should ever have one.....) it would be a no brainer.

If you need to sell, you could always sell the things that would be easy to get back sooner or later and hang on to the tougher to find things (like the Press Pass inscription you searched so long for :salut:).

Good luck with your decision.

I've never thought about it, but if it came down to food on the table and clothes on the back for my kid (if I should ever have one.....) it would be a no brainer.

If you need to sell, you could always sell the things that would be easy to get back sooner or later and hang on to the tougher to find things (like the Press Pass inscription you searched so long for :salut:).

Good luck with your decision.

Agreed. Put as much of the common autos and GU together and see where that gets you in terms of extra cash. Then work from there if you need more. If it's a huge lump sum of cash that is necessary, just sell it all off and don't look back.

I'm there

Doing that

So far mainly just older stuff I had put back. Some has surprised me with what they brought. I've got a ton more ready to sell without touching sets & nice PC. Work has had a small bump recently so I'm holding back for the moment. Profits for my biz are down over 70% when compaired to last year (which wasn't a barn burner). Im our case were trying not to have to use savings until it gets really bad.

Well in case you guys didn't know. We sold the shop and I've sold off most of the decent stuff. I am going through monster boxes now and have found a good bit of $3 GU and autos that should hold me over for a while. I'm not going to sell the Cutler stuff unless this trade really makes it go up. I won't sell that inscription or my 2 PSA 10's either.

Seeing how i've got probably 5-10,000? Cards from 2006-2008 - I'm just going to put Rookie and Star lots of each player together ... Maybe I can get rid of some of this stuff and get my office back! lol

you can use them as a 'loan' to buy back later to some people...ive been offered $250 on my Kyle Boller Champ 1/1 AU but since its my only 03 1/1 RC and i paid $273 for it ive turned it down...

the things that can be replaced easily should be the first to go, but hold onto the stuff /25 or less as long as you can

Like Stefan said, food and mortgage would come way before cardboard. You have to do what you have to do when times are tough and a hobby is no priority at that time. I too would purge all the basic stuff, getting what I can outta that and saving the big ones to the end. I have enough side PC crap that was more failed speculation that would be the first to go. A couple of bigger player PC's would be last out the door, but out the door nonetheless if necessary.

Re-building from scratch would be a fun challenge as well.

I've actually found myself it a tough position a couple of times....and have sold some stuff....this last time being the hardest....but I'm still here....life happens and while it sucks sometimes.....you get through it....family always comes first.....and I'm sure you already know that.

I've sold parts of my PC before and it was not fun at all. Just last month I sold off a chunk to take care of something I should have taken care of long ago. It's always hard when you have been working at a great collection for several years and end up having to sell some off.

In the end though, the question I always ask myself is simple; what is more important, My cards or the reason why I want to sell them?

I try to only sell replaceable cards if possible. There was one time, and only once, that I sold off just about all my cards of a single player back in 2007. I got a great deal on selling them but there were 4 cards in there that I will never, ever see again. It's hard to look at a player checklist and remember that you used to have it, especially when your goal is to get all of that players cards. Even with that said, I miss those cards but when I asked myself that question, the answer was 'the reason I was going sell.'

Just like Zeeck said earlier, in the end its just cardboard.

to who? lol. Nobody wants my Iowa State scrubs. Maybe my 49ers PC could be moved but it probably wouldn't be worth it unless I was on the verge of homelessness or something.

Redefine the PC into those that have the best memories (may not be the best cards), and those that perhaps you have less of an affinity to. As others have said, real life is more important. Good luck.

Back