Basketball Selling your PC, would you?

bjtheman1

Bench Warmer
I find myself in a troubling position.

Not really it's pretty simple, I want a new car. To assist in the buying process I've thought about selling off some PC, not sure what pieces yet but still pondering my options.

My Dwyane Wade Collection has increased quite a bit since the whole Trio signed with Miami recently. I've been keeping track of all past sales and some of my Auto Rookies & Patches have doubled to tripled in sale value.

I'm going to dwell on it for awhile, just not sure if I could do it or not.

What about you, would you or could you sell some/all of your PC?

I had that same Dilema back in 03, I wanted a new car ( 04 Infiniti G35 Coupe black of course) So I sold alot of my Kobes and Jordans that I collected at the time and some other cards. I made about $3,000 selling alot of my stuff. I ordered my brand new G35, put a nice down payment. To me cards are cards and can be replaced. I would rather have something that I REALLY want to drive or have. Then again I REALLY wanted that G35 so the cards didnt matter to me that much at the time (EVEN though I don't have the G35 anymore). Traded it in for something else I really liked.

In the end though It's up to you if you REALLY like Dwade that much or if you REALLY like that car alot. If you don't mind me asking what car do you want to get

The oly drawback is the D-Waydes are likely to appreciate further, the car, alas, will not. Unless you tarp it and drain all the fluid.

don't think i could give up my griffey's unless it was for a lung for one of my kids.... some of the other pc stuff i could give up without too much thought

Tough call. Depending on the success of the Heat the value could increase further. But if not, then you may be able to buy similar cards for less if you sell them now.

I would and i have sold my PC a few times...

first I sold my 3000+ cards Michael Jordan Collection to hellp pay off medical bills etc...

Then I sold off my Marvin Williams 60+ Exquisite Collection to fund a trip to Vegas

Then I sold off 8 framed UDA Michael Jordan jerseys to pay off MORE bills....

Sold off my 60+ Aaron Brooks Exquisite Rookies to pay yet MORE medical bills...

and NOW I will be selling of just about anything to pay... yup.. you guessed it... MORE medical bills ;)

IF you want to make MAX profit on the D-WADE stuff i would go for it now... as you said stuff is selling 2X-3X regular (pre Lebron/Bosh prices)

it will be hard to sell, but paying a nice chunk off on that Mustang would be nice in the long run

I sold off quite a bit of my collection a few years ago while we were saving for our house. I know how it is, just wanting to get the best bang for my buck if I make the move.

Sell it, you can always find a way to replace cards down the road

I spent the last two months selling off everything I own card wise,minus 2 cards. I've got an expensive August-Januray coming up and I gladly took the $$ that was generated from sales and put it towards the bulk of the expenses that are upcoming

Depends on what is more important to you. A new car or your collection. Seeing as both of them are basically hobbys, only you can make the call. You can buy any car for any price, so it you want a specific car its for your own personal enjoyment. Which would you enjoy more, that 1 specific car or your personal collection of cards?

To myself, nearly all my cards are available at any time. Somethings are just more important than cardboard.

Might be chiming in late on this one BJ

but i would never sell my Strawberry pc (not that anyone would want it) but the rest would be history if i was thinking of getting a 2011 5.0.

if you decide to sell off the wade pc you have one i really really want!!

Screw those mustangs honestly. They aren't what they used to be. Just go buy a Pontiac gto with a 6.0 or go check out the chevy camaros with the v8. Ford seems to have very high prices on all their newer model cards right now. Or really just buy a older mid 90s cobra and drop a chromed out motor in it.

Seems like you're leaning towards selling, I personally would hold. I can see Miami making a deep playoff run, which should further increase values, especially if you have the key RC autos.

Back