Basketball I know im going to get blasted for this!!!

Its like comparing apples to oranges all day long. I dont know why people do it.

The reasons given are pathetic. Because the same reasons could be given as to why someone from pre jordan era was better than him.

#10 talks about how Jordans era had hand checks. So what? Imagine playing in the 60s and 70s when players would body check, foot stomp and shove? Guys like Jordan wouldnt survive games like that, up against Wilt and the defense of Russell. #10 reason talked about Jordan scoring 3000 pts in a season, something kobe will never be able to do? What type of stat is that? Kobe scored 81 pts in a game which Jordan never could do. How about that stat? Both are based on scoring, whats the difference? That has no bareing on how great a player is. If we defined every player based on 1 year or 1 time average, im sure there are some crazy stats out there.

For point #9, the article has cherry picked a stat. Rebounding an average of 6 vs an average of 7. Wow huge difference. Maybe they should check out the player lineups as the rebounding average of defenses has gone up over the decade. Again apples to oranges.

Point 7 and 8 arent worth arguing. Steals, Jordan had but by a tiny margin. Percetages? again comparing close averages.

#6. Kobe averages 6 ast. Jordan average it 3 times. Okay. Comparing 1 year vs 3 yrs? What type of straw man argument is that? Cherry picking 3 years vs 1 in order to make a valid point? Because only 3 years defines a whole damn career?

#5 and #4. Again based on a subjective matter.

#3 Off court drama?? LOL the biggest waste of time. How does off court drama have any affect on determining who is a better player on court? How does anything that happens off court help or deter your stats on court? Again a ******** point. It seems the article totally forgot about Jordans Gambling problems. I guess that never happend huh??

#2 I totally agree with. Nike & NBA made Jordan. With the most powerful tool and medium in the world. TV/Media and marketing. Nike and the NBA "SOLD" you on who was the best. They "SOLD" MJ on you. They made sure the world new who was the best and catered you to knowing ONLY who was the best. I give it to Nike. They made Jordan.

#1 I totallly agree to. Jordan can be defined as better than Kobe becuase he has more hardware. Woot Woot!! I love this point. Because Jordan is defined as being better than Kobe due to his rings and MVPs, then we can sit there and logically say the following as well;
Bill Russell was better than Jordan because he has more Rings
Kareem was better than Jordan because he scored more points, had more MVPs and more AS appearances

The only line that makes sense in this article is.

There’s no denying Kobe Bryant is one of the most dominant players of his era

Kobe is the most dominant player during his era. Just like Jordan was during his era, and just like Wilt and Russell were during their eras. So why compare 2 players from different eras when the game, style, players, conditions and equipment were all different?

Back