How does Ebay Work?

i think you have to have a paypal/credit card on file, click on 'sell' and it pretty much walks you through how to do it...not too difficult, but tedious process if you are selling lots of cards...or what you could do is if someone is selling something like what you have there is a link to 'sell similar item' on their listing, so that might be a bit of a shortcut

oh yeah and then they take fees for listing, selling, bidding, looking, thinking, or :pray: for bids, then paypal hammers you with fees...

i wonder if anyone sells KY on ebay :think:

Ok, so what all fees do you get hit with?

Listing Fee is 20 cents for starting at 1 cent i think
Gallery Fee is 35 cents
more than 1 picture is 15 cents i think
BIN depends on how high you have it

Final Value Fee when your item ends, its a % based on ending price

then Paypal takes 35 cents and 2.5% after that i think, but only if you take credit cards, if its a 'personal' account there arent fees, but then someone always pays with a credit card so you have to change from personal to business, or you cant use the paypal icon on your listing, and if you say "i only take paypal balance transfer" they will pull your auction :salut:

think of it as a pie. Ebay and paypal get the pie, you get the pan...

:shifty:

honestly, if this is a one time sale, find someone to list for you, if you want to start selling, make yourself a good template and have fun.

One quick question, after the bidding is up how do I know they payed me with Paypal, do I need to send an Invoice, etc?

I send an invoice after about 24 hours. You should get an email from paypal saying that they pay and on ebay it will tell you they payed with the money sign icon being filled in

always log into paypal directly to verify that the payment has cleared (no echeck, pending) and they are a verified user :salut:

If I use a debit card with the account does the money recieved go to the debit card or is just Paypal?
it goes to your paypal balance where it will stay unless you manually transfer it to your bank account
that will take about 3-6 business days i think(not sure about the time)
i dont usually put paypal money back in my account though, its always going out:dance:

Back