How cool is it that Philip Hughes hangs out on Beckett?

I think it is cool phil (and other prospects/mlbers) is on the board, but i do not put them on pedestals. They are humans just like us and life goes on. However, the man crushers lusting over phil are amusing.

nope. i just don't give 2 ****s.

i dont care if brett favre, joe montana, tom brady, or even the president or pope was posting on Beckett or even posted here. Doesn't matter. They are people just like us. I don't put them on a pedestal.

idk if the pope was on here I think I would suck up to him

I haven't talked to him personally, but that's why I don't find it so great that he hangs out on there. He always came off to me as being on there because he loved the attention and stuff. I could definitely be mistaken though...

Are you sure it's not just because you're a Sox fan;)

The Reggie Bush of baseball

and he plays for the Yanks:cheers:

C'mon, Hughes at least has shown some potential :lollol:

And it has nothing to do with me being a sox fan. I actually liked him a lot as a prospect and I was hoping he'd do well, but I just didn't love the way he carried himself when he first joined, and he still comes off a little self-important to me.

The Reggie Bush of baseball

and he plays for the Yanks:cheers:
i dont think you can call him that if nobody has heard of him
thats just the nature of baseball prospects though, i dont think there can be such a thing as a reggie bush of baseball, no young guys will ever be that popular until they get pretty well established
like a ryan howard or albert pujols a few years back

i dont think you can call him that if nobody has heard of him
thats just the nature of baseball prospects though, i dont think there can be such a thing as a reggie bush of baseball, no young guys will ever be that popular until they get pretty well established
like a ryan howard or albert pujols a few years back

True, but in baseball circles, Hughes is considered one of the best pitching prospects in a long, long time.

I am glad someone else asked who he is, because I have never heard of the guy either. Baseball sucks! Sad that I am saying that since I played it for 15 years.

I am glad someone else asked who he is, because I have never heard of the guy either. Baseball sucks! Sad that I am saying that since I played it for 15 years.

He was called up earlier this year, and in his second start, pitched a no-hitter into the seventh inning, but strained his hamstring on an 0-2 pitch. He is just about to come off the 60-day disabled list. He's currently the #1 ranked prospect in baseball.

Back