How cool is it that Philip Hughes hangs out on Beckett?

R

Rutgers Collector

Not sure if any other big-time collecting prospects in any of the sports has ever given such an insider's glimpse of the industry.

Here's a thread where he discusses some of the inscriptions he used on his UD autos this year:

Philip Hughes UD Sticker update

I hang out on the baseball boards a lot and find him to be kind of a numbskull. Plus, there are multiple threads every other day just sucking up to him, which is sickening.

i think it is great. He is a hometown (OC) guy and i have watched him since his hs days. However, i think some of the guys get a little too man crushy when phil appears. I have talked to phil in pms and he seems very down to earth. Any collector (well, almost any..have dealt w/some psychos) is good news to me.

i think it is great. He is a hometown (OC) guy and i have watched him since his hs days. However, i think some of the guys get a little too man crushy when phil appears. I have talked to phil in pms and he seems very down to earth. Any collector (well, almost any..have dealt w/some psychos) is good news to me.

I haven't talked to him personally, but that's why I don't find it so great that he hangs out on there. He always came off to me as being on there because he loved the attention and stuff. I could definitely be mistaken though...

Probably will see it more in the future as more and more kids are into the hobby and sports... I read one post and have to agree (not the linked one an older one) the man crushes from some (his 'friends') are amusing.

I think it is great that players collect or just realize who their fan base is in the hobby industry. But the children on Beckett asking him STUPID questions and requesting him to do things is ridiculous. Just be happy a MLB player is chatting with you.

I think its bullsh it.

He should be on TCG.

Agreed, but it's still nice that he comes to any boards to chat with his fans. Pretty soon he won't have much time or interest in that.

nope. i just don't give 2 ****s.

i dont care if brett favre, joe montana, tom brady, or even the president or pope was posting on Beckett or even posted here. Doesn't matter. They are people just like us. I don't put them on a pedestal.

but you have a life size fat head on the wall.

makes sense.

Back