Hot Box of Gridiron Gear

your wanting to ban me over giving an opinion that most of these hot boxes that are filled with mostly average at best jersey cards and I would feel disappointed about that and I get some kid calling me names, editing his post to call me a different silly name, and get offended and act like a fool to me. You obviously have no one here who will tell the truth that some of this stuff you guys think is worth money is absolute crap and will be nearly worthless in the future. Pulling $40 of cards out of a $100 box is not cool unless your into blowing your money. Ban me for that huh? Get Real.

And for the record, what exactly does playing football have to do with knowledge of the football card market? I was an average defensive tackle,left tackle up through high school ball. No, I wasn't good enough to play at the University of Alabama and the University I attended has yet to develop a football program. So, how old are you again??

your wanting to ban me over giving an opinion that most of these hot boxes that are filled with mostly average at best jersey cards and I would feel disappointed about that and I get some kid calling me names, editing his post to call me a different silly name, and get offended and act like a fool to me. You obviously have no one here who will tell the truth that some of this stuff you guys think is worth money is absolute crap and will be nearly worthless in the future. Pulling $40 of cards out of a $100 box is not cool unless your into blowing your money. Ban me for that huh? Get Real.

And for the record, what exactly does playing football have to do with knowledge of the football card market? I was an average defensive tackle,left tackle up through high school ball. No, I wasn't good enough to play at the University of Alabama and the University I attended has yet to develop a football program. So, how old are you again??

Too long; didn't read. Cliffs next time plz.

Master of Dick?

TracyFr.jpg

:scratch:

To each his own on what they spend and like. I personally share your opinions on jersey cards and the like, but lets try to keep this thread somewhat civil.

there has to be a little contraversy once in awhile on the boards. Stuff gets old otherwise :lollol:

PS: I play semi-pro football for the nationally ranked King County Jaguars. Where do you play? Maybe I'll see you around :salut: 2 years ago I found a guy who played us in the 2005 National Championship game collected cards. I had a few Andrew Walters for him in FL.

most of us here collect crappy players...

i think the guys here may have some of the best collections in the market today or have once had...2 or 3 of us were in beckett footballs top 10...

the thing about boxes is a risk though, not every box will produce cards that sell for $100 even if they cost $100...alot of times you drop $100 you get 2-3 jerseys of no one special and an offensive lineman autograph, so when you get a box that has 8 jerseys you are kinda happy about it because it could have been worse and 4 out of 5 times you could find a better deal getting singles on ebay...does that mean that everyone buys singles?...no, some people enjoy ripping for the sake of ripping

most of us here collect crappy players...

i think the guys here may have some of the best collections in the market today or have once had...2 or 3 of us were in beckett footballs top 10...

the thing about boxes is a risk though, not every box will produce cards that sell for $100 even if they cost $100...alot of times you drop $100 you get 2-3 jerseys of no one special and an offensive lineman autograph, so when you get a box that has 8 jerseys you are kinda happy about it because it could have been worse and 4 out of 5 times you could find a better deal getting singles on ebay...does that mean that everyone buys singles?...no, some people enjoy ripping for the sake of ripping

Great post man.

You obviously have no one here who will tell the truth that some of this stuff you guys think is worth money is absolute crap and will be nearly worthless in the future.

The members here know what is worth money and what isn't. It's more about what people like and what people collect than about money. If someone were to pull a $2 card of a player they really liked everyone would be happy for them. Not say, "That's worthless." Maybe it is to some card collector on ebay but to someone who loves that team or player it is priceless. If you can't see that then I'm not sure what to say.

As for opening packs, its nice to pull something to make your money back on the box or even a profit but that is not what you buy boxes for. It's fun to rip packs. If you think you can make money doing it then your wrong. nycballa bought a box expecting 3 or 4 hits, whatever that product has, and ended up getting a hot box, which had to be exciting for him. He came to share here and you just dump on him. Not right. It's not always about the money.

Back