Hello All!

Entrepreneur Cure

Bench Warmer
Greetings my fellow baseball card lovers! I'm a newbie to the wonderful world of card collecting. I've inherited a collection from my grandfather and I'm not understanding his passion for the hobby. I will admit I may seem a bit naive when it comes to a few of the card values, player profile information and processes to selling the cards but I'm here to learn. I love this forum for the fact that there is is a community of like minded card collectors able to help someone like me usher in the variable options to selling, trading or understanding the value of my cards. I will list the cards that I have, players, years, etc when I get a chance to bring the full collection back to my home from South Carolina but I can't wait to hear about your collections, find out how much they are worth and possibly make some friends who can help me understand the game a bit better than I do now. Can't wait to chat with you all.

Welcome! I'm sure you got a lot of the old-time player collector's ears a buzzin' by mentioning your grandfather's collection lol

Just yesterday my gf suggested I find out how her cousin was selling his Jackie Robinson's for $800 a pop. She didn't get that my cards aren't that old lol....oldest is a '63, next is a '69, none worth more than a couple bucks...It blew me away that he had such old, highly desirable cards and I never knew about it.

There are some very good sites online for older card pricing that I suggest you look for. I don't recall their names offhand, but once you learn how to search for a particular card or set of cards, you'll find 'em.

Hopefully your grandfather's old cards are properly protected. If not, handle them carefully, as condition is very important. One minor scratch can cost big $$$ value-wise, so be careful!

When you go to conduct a search, look for specific information on the card. The manufacturer, the year, the name of the player, the card number, etc.

A lot of times that kind of info isn't present, but over time you can figure out how to decipher what's what. In the meantime, if you are having an issue identifying a particular card, people here can help you do that.

Before you attempt to make any trade or sell any of the cards, here or elsewhere, it's very important for you to know the value of them.

Hope to see a few posted here, even though I'm not a buyer. ;)

Back