Racing Harvick and Budweiser to SHR, Newman says goodbye

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
jayski.com reports:

Newman will not return to Stewart-Haas: Tony Stewart was asked about the status of #39-Ryan Newman Friday morning after the announcement that Kevin Harvick was joining Stewart-Haas next season:
WITH THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WITH NOW HAVING THREE DRIVERS FOR NEXT YEAR HOW DOES THIS IMPACT RYAN NEWMAN, HIS PROGRAM, ARE YOU GUYS READY TO EXPAND TO A FOURTH TEAM?
"No, we are not ready to expand to a fourth team. Unfortunately, this will be the last year that we have Ryan (Newman) with us. That's probably what has made this a bittersweet day. I'm bringing in another one of my friends to the organization, but also knowing that I'm losing a friend at the end of the year to the organization. The number one thing when Ryan and I spoke is that our friendship will not change. This was a business decision that was Gene's (Haas) as well as mine and it was a hard decision. There is a personal side and there is a business side. For Ryan and I we had to put the personal bit of it aside to work through the business part. I'll do everything I can to help Ryan in any way I can moving forward to try to help him in his effort to find another team next year. I'm behind him 100 percent. I believe in him 100 percent. I truly wish we were able to facilitate four teams at this time. We are just not able to do that. Down the road I'm sure if that becomes a possibility that he will most definitely will be on the list to fill the fourth seat again."

We all knew happy was leaving but had no idea Newman was leaving Stewart Haas so that was a surprise. Great sponsor coming with harvick. Who will be driving the #4 with Hendrick power so I can not complain. He has wasted a good couple years at RCR(a team that has no horsepower) Anything he wins is because of him in spite of the car

I think its ironic that Newman wins Indy this year. He will land on a team with good HP and chasis, Im thinking the 55 with MWR would be a good fit.

Harvick wins because he knows how to relay what his car is doing so that the crew can fix it, thats why hes "Mr. Where did he come from", lol. Harvick can win on an team, but with Hendrick HP behind him he could do what Kenseth is doing with Gibbs this year.

I think its ironic that Newman wins Indy this year. He will land on a team with good HP and chasis, Im thinking the 55 with MWR would be a good fit.

Nope... Nada... Looks like Vickers will move to the #55 next year... and as much as I hate Vickers... it will be a well deserved ride.

Back