Racing Hamlin: NASCAR 'overreacted' in fining me

S

SCF Sports News

Although he's out $25,000, Denny Hamlin declared himself the winner over NASCAR in the battle of public opinion.

More...

Thought Denny paying the $25K was a good thing... and now it looks like he shot himself in the foot.

Way-to-go Denny. Learn to keep your mouth shut!

I don't think he's paying the fine? Nascar will be taking it out of his weekly winnings. I'm not a big Hamlin fan, but I think he has a point here. What he said wasn't worthy of a $25K fine, and it was more of a nascar flexing it's muscle, and trying to enforce censorship amongst it's race teams. While I understand the necessity for not bashing the product, or biting the hand that feeds you, if you can't offer up a decent, honest answer to questions everyone knows the answer to, then maybe they should tell the media not to bother asking, because we're not talking anymore?

I don't think he's paying the fine? Nascar will be taking it out of his weekly winnings. I'm not a big Hamlin fan, but I think he has a point here. What he said wasn't worthy of a $25K fine, and it was more of a nascar flexing it's muscle, and trying to enforce censorship amongst it's race teams. While I understand the necessity for not bashing the product, or biting the hand that feeds you, if you can't offer up a decent, honest answer to questions everyone knows the answer to, then maybe they should tell the media not to bother asking, because we're not talking anymore?

agreed,good point. t-rizzle!

Hamlin (with alot of pushing by Joe Gibbs I'm sure...) decided to pay the $25K and put this all behind them... but as his latest statements show... he needs to forget about it and keep quiet about the whole situation. NASCAR IS NOT the WWE... you can't talk bad about the boss or competition and expect everyone to turn the other way. What Hamlin did, in my opinion, was NOT wrong... but once you are told to shut up.. then shut up!.. stop going on and on and on.

Back