GROUP BREAK SUGGESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this was already suggested, I didn't read through all 8 of the last pages. How about 2009 Bowman Draft Picks? True you won't get rich off the cards, but you do get 1 auto and 1 auto/patch per box and they are only about $465 for a 12 box case. Reminds me a little bit of that Topps Signature break we did for basketball. That means $30 for 1 picked/1 random spot. or we could do 2 cases for $60 bucks a spot, afterall I'm not the one who has to open all them boxes ;)

JUST and FYI....

for the participants in my last break...

we have the following BLOWOUTCARDS promo teams
(you have to make the Final Four to win something)

MidWest
#12 NMSU - OUT

West
#11 MINN - OUT
#5 Butler - IN THE SWEET 16 ;)

and for the SITE/BLOGGERS Blowoutcards Promo
(your team has to WIN to win something)

East
#14 Montana - OUT

West
#2 KANSAS ST - IN THE SWEET 16 !!

ac-n-mike said:
JUST and FYI....

for the participants in my last break...

we have the following BLOWOUTCARDS promo teams
(you have to make the Final Four to win something)

MidWest
#12 NMSU - OUT

West
#11 MINN - OUT
#5 Butler - IN THE SWEET 16 ;)

and for the SITE/BLOGGERS Blowoutcards Promo
(your team has to WIN to win something)

East
#14 Montana - OUT

West
#2 KANSAS ST - IN THE SWEET 16 !!

Elite 8 for both Butler and Kansas State...C'mon Butler!!!!!!! Sorry Kansas State...but the prize with Butler is better :)

On a different note...what about these for case breaks:

2005 Leaf Certified Materials Football
2005 Throwback Threads Football
2008 SP Authentic Baseball
2008 UD Masterpieces Baseball

Dacubs? said:
i am so glad we did not do an exquisite break...the breaks online have been brutal

From what I have seen they have been pretty good specially compared to last year. I have hit some very nice cards in GBs. But there are definately some bad teams.

well guys.... the current break just isnt selling....

anyone interested in a break? let me know what you want

I think for me, the current basketball break isn't appealing, because the case hit auto is limited to those players, so if you don't get one of those teams, you feel at a disadvantage for paying the same price

I would like to do some baseball, but i know thats a hard sell sometimes since most boxes only come 2-3 hits per box

What about something like 2008 SP Legendary Cuts Baseball...

Its a ahard product to buy by the box because it gives you mostly GU (4 per box, no auto), but each case is supposed to have 3 cut autos and 2 regular autos.

Figure it would be a team break, sell 16 teams, 16 random...There are a lot of dual GU that would have to get randomed off though, also one of the cuts would be a celebrity, so that one would have to be randomed off as well, but then at least everyone has a shot at it. The high risk part of it is that you may spend $70 or so per team, but only come out of it with a few GU.

I think SPX spoiled us...with so many hits

ac-n-mike said:
well guys.... the current break just isnt selling....

anyone interested in a break? let me know what you want

i think it's not selling b/c at that price you could almost just buy a box and keep the hits. And how many different players have a card in there that'd actually cover that cost? I think that product is a tough sell.

for a lower-end product, I need a lower price point to gain interest. Otherwise I'd just buy my own lower-end box. My interest comes with stuff like the National Treasures that I can't afford to bust a box of, so I'll pay a premium (assuming I have the money at the time) for a shot at the big hit, since that's my only chance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back