Basketball Greg Oden

ok, I'LL start. I think he needed more time in games. he needs more expeiriance. he can't go into the season with 9 fouls a game. and he needs to make connections w/ his teamates too.

Its Early And These Summer League Players Are Most Of The Players Who Sit On The Bench Come Regular Season And This Is Thier Only Real Time To Get On The Court, So They Are Too Hyper , In The Regular Season There Is Alot More Space In The Lanes And The Game Is Alot More Controlled By The Teams' Point Guards. I Think He Will Be Fine And Dominate Inside In Years To Come. Remember Tim Duncan Had The Same Foul Problems His Rookie Year, And Then He Found His Nitch And Is A Top Player In The League . OH AND LETS NOT FORGET THAT YOU GET 10 FOULS IN THESE SUMMER LEAGUE GAMES BEFORE YOU ARE FOULED OUT, SO GUYS WILL USE A FEW MORE ON PURPOSE FOULS EARLY IN THE GAME BECASUE YOU GET SO MANY.

You guys are overreacting... he played poorly for 3 reasons... the first was that his tonsils were said to be the size of a golfball making it very difficult for him to play. Secondly, he was constantly in foul trouble trying to play defense so he didnt get much time and most rookies do this in the summer league. Lastly, these were his first games since being drafted in the summer league and I have seen very few good performances from these newly drafted rookies. Marco Belinelli was very impressive but even guys like Oden, Durant, Jeff Green, Mike Conley... none of them are having great performances.

Summer league is just an insight of the younger players for next season and I really only pay attention to the second and third year guys (ie Louis Williams). Oden will have his chance in the NBA.

77ncaachamps said:
No doubt Oden will play better. The summer league just gave him a taste of what he might see on a nightly basis.

yeah his hardest competition he said he faced, LEON POWE. Hmm how many times does he play in the NBA. Hes in for a brutal awakening but after he learns the new foul calls (change from college that is), he will be fine

one thing most of you guys are over looking though is the guy had foul trouble in college. If any of you watched the Final Four, the big question was could Oden stay out of foul trouble, and if not could Ohio State win without him. I think it's presumptuous to assume he will adjust, and that NBA is different to the college game. He struggled at times with foul trouble there, he has struggled now with foul trouble.....you can really only go off what he has put forth so far. However I do think he is young, skilled, humble and seems to work hard....so he will come good and be what he should be. I think it will be a learning curve though

yeah, but pro players are much more laid back than the college kids, oden just has to realize that he will not be in position to block every shot that is taken in the paint and he has to pick his moments when it is appropriate to attempt a block. i'm telling you that he is going to be a stud, and durant will be a huge scorer as soon as he realizes that inside will not be where he belongs in the nba, but outside shooting lights out instead. conley jr. looked good in yesturdays high lights and so did rudy gay, maybe memphis has something going with these 2 and now just added darko to the mix (maybe we'll finally see him play on a every night basis?).either way you look at it, these new rookies are going to bring back the basketball collecters and make the hobby go again, (at least for this season).

Back