Great weekend for fighting...

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
last night on AXS they had Muay Thai, I watched the chick fight and it ended with a nasty front kick to the face, plus UFC 175 weigh ins were on...Rousey wore heels for the stare down so she would be taller and I guess intimidate Davis more?

today NBC got into the act with a WSOF card that included Melvin Guillard, Jon Fitch, and several other 'names' from UFC, along with the Nick Newell title fight...Newell is the guy that has an arm like Jim Abbott...it was a terrible fight, there was an uncalled illegal knee in the first that really changed the complexion of the fight, and in the 2nd round, the guys were both exhausted (Newell was 11-0 entering, with just 1 fight going more than 1 round)...

tonight is UFC 175, with the previously mentioned Rousey fight (on PPV, or if you know what you are doing, free online), Faber and the black Bruce Lee is on the undercard as the 'main' event of that portion, but the first fight or two on the PPV side are no namers....aside from the ladies, the guy who beat Anderson Silva twice is defending his belt against Lyota, and I don't think the Dragon has a chance in this one...

tomorrow night is the TUF Finale...

Machida always had a chance IMO. KenFlo actually picked him on UFC Tonight. Smart money is definitely on Rousey but I think it is about 60/40 Weidman and wouldn't be surprised either way.

WSOF was decent. Fitch still can't let his hands go. Didn't see a good replay but several of the knees on Newell looked iffy to me.

after the fight I went back on the DVR to check, and there was a knee like 3 minutes in when they were scrapping and Newell was posted with 3 points, both knees and good arm was obviously sliding along the mat...went frame by frame...the camera angles on the others that could have been questionable, I thought they were to the shoulder, but since it was covered up, you couldn't tell...he didn't seem to complain, but that might just be his character...

no Struve fight...I thought he was going to get smoked...

as for Rousey, I like her, since she has been able to back up the talk thus far, but everything ive seen outside the cage on Alexis I like, she seems like shes a great person, very unassuming, humble, usually how I like my 'famous' types...Rousey is pretty diva-like, but at this point, she has earned it...

I have a feed up, but just listening until the top 2, as I wasn't impressed with the card, so I can surf the net and listen...

how about how George Roop collapsed?...it was cartoony

Rousey finishes in 16 seconds...

Did she finish with an arm bar? Unfortunately I missed last night's fights because of a fireworks show. It was fun, though, and the kids enjoyed it so it was a pretty good trade.

went punch to the face x3, knee to the body (in post fight, this is where Rousey said she was 'out' (she was definitely stunned) and 'fell' into her...this could be true, but ive seen guys get clocked and have their wits back in a split second), hip toss to headlock and full side control, punch to the face 8x or so, all in about a span of 16 seconds...

Back