Fighting Connor McGregor for $25 million?

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
So, I'm not really a UFC guy...it's just not my thing. But, I feel like over the last few years it has really grown into a huge deal. I feel like they are trying to make it into a legitimate sport in this country.

I think all that...and then this McGregor vs. Mayweather stuff starts floating around in the media. Now, I don't for one second think this will ever happen. These are two very different athletes from very different sports. But, now that the UFC leader Dana White is starting to legitimize it by offering guaranteed money if it happens...I feel that it is dragging the UFC back to that "freak show" status it had in its early days. Do they want to be a legitimate sport that people respect or not? I get the athletes shooting off their mouths with stuff like this...it happens all the time. But Roger Goodell doesn't encourage it.

Now, you have Evander Hollyfield joking on twitter that he'd fight McGregor for $25 million. But you know what...so would I.

I'd watch... IF it was a UFC style fight and not a boxing match. McGregor can not go toe-to-toe with Mayweather.

UFC style - McGregor wins, first round TKO, with lots of blood

Boxing - Mayweather wins, 3rd or 4th Round TKO

... and as far as being a "Freak Show"... that came about a couple of years ago with Brock Lesnar stepped in from the WWE and tried to make a name for himself... and then the lastest was trying to push Rhonda to the top and hoping the media would put the money out for interviews, etc.

I'd watch... IF it was a UFC style fight and not a boxing match. McGregor can not go toe-to-toe with Mayweather.

UFC style - McGregor wins, first round TKO, with lots of blood

Boxing - Mayweather wins, 3rd or 4th Round TKO

... and as far as being a "Freak Show"... that came about a couple of years ago with Brock Lesnar stepped in from the WWE and tried to make a name for himself... and then the lastest was trying to push Rhonda to the top and hoping the media would put the money out for interviews, etc.
I completely agree with you. Such a fight would be won by the person who the rules favor. It's never going to happen though.

I forgot about Brock Lesnar. But you are right...that was definitely a freak show.

Back