Got this PM on TCC

T.J.

Bench Warmer
From an admin, because I bumped up a post that fell to the third page looking for trade offers:

I'd like to ask you to stop using ttt, bump, to the top, up or anything like it to move your posts up. Be more creative if you feel the need to bump your posts. People find it annoying. If you have new or more information, post that info to move the original posts up. Here's a quote form Bob on ttt and bumped posts.

"One of the first things to know about the Collector Zone is that "TTT and to the top means "To The Trash". Please find a more creative way to "bump" your topics."

If you have any questions you can PM me.

Dave
TCC Team

Are they serious?

The admins and moderators they have over there are some of the dumbest I've seen. That's why I had them remove me from their database.

I really don't have much of an issue if a site wants to be bump free. Some people abuse it (not saying you are) and they hit their thread every 15 minutes. If you get a few guys that do it consistently, those that make a trade post suddenly find it 3 pages away within the hour with 2 views.

But with that said, pick a side. Allow bumps or don't. Don't invite people to circumvent the intention by simply finding some dumb reason to shoot their thread up. That's telling me that bumping is okay as long as I put some thought into how to do it. Makes alot of sense. :roll:

So just mistype every post you make and then make corrections and clarifications each time you want it up there. Nice BS rule.

I bumped a post that was three days old and got that same message. I PMed the guy back and asked him to LMK how to bump a post. Never got a response.

Back