Got my first MLB ball during BP in Oakland!

KennyBoy5150

Bench Warmer
Went to 2 games over the weekend Sat & Sun to watch the A's sweep the Pirates. Saturday was 70's throwback night. A's in their canary yellow unis (loved the uniform!) and the Pirates in their throwback unis with the square yellow caps. On Sat. they gave out Joe Rudi jerseys and we got in early to watch BP. Well Jeff Karstens was out in left shagging balls and being a dick about throwing the balls to fans. I mean the ones he did throw barely made it to any fan. A few of the balls were thrown well short. A lot of people were booing him. At one point he turned around to us with his glove up to his ear as to get a better listen, I then shouted 'KARSTENS, YOU'RE THE MAN!' He smiled and didn't throw another ball towards us. Then on Sunday, our seats were in left field again! And they were giving out A's beach towels. We got in early, watched BP. And Karstens was in left again! He fielded a ball at was about to throw in back in and once again I shouted 'KARSTENS, YOU'RE THE MAN!' He turned around and threw the ball to me! And yes I have an old school Andre Dawson glove.

553d9a04.jpg

Back