Favorite Sports and Action Figures Through The Years!!

My favorite from my childhood has to be the Battle Beast, with most kids toys, the parents tossed them….. BIG MISTAKE. Blistered examples pull well over $500!

59ED68D2-20E6-4427-96FE-298F7C6003CE.jpeg

From the 2000’s my time working in safety development with Ford and crash testing vehicles had me collecting the Crash Dummies by shot Wheels. Now these I do still have in the package put away. Very cool series!

6103966B-8464-4809-8C5F-9ACE5CE3D862.jpeg

Very awesome @Mechjo16 , while I dont remember Battle Beasts, they look awesome! I DO remember Crash Test Dummies, they were pretty cool and some fell apart on impact, which was also a lot of fun!

Very awesome @Mechjo16 , while I dont remember Battle Beasts, they look awesome! I DO remember Crash Test Dummies, they were pretty cool and some fell apart on impact, which was also a lot of fun!
Yes a lot fun! One other one I forgot to mention were the “HOMIES” mini figures. The original 6 were base off real people. I’m not sure how far the story expanded.

Growing up in Southwest Detroit, the culture was very relatable to me.

To this day I have kept the entire original 12 series set. They have expanded to series 13 and 14 yet they do not show on the website.

O.G. Pictured below I have autographed by creator Daniel Gonzalez himself.

544A0688-D70A-4701-BAD4-F6844758B94D.jpeg

Homies.tv

Background from website landing page.

The Homies are a group of tightly knit Chicano buddies who have grown up in the Mexican American barrio ( neighborhood ) of "Quien Sabe", ( who knows ) located in East Los Angeles. The four main characters are Hollywood, Smiley, Pelon, and Bobby Loco.

Their separate and distinct personalities and characteristics together make up a single, composite entity that is the "HOMIES." In an inner-city world plagued by poverty, oppression, violence, and drugs, the Homies have formed a strong and binding cultural support system that enables them to overcome the surrounding negativity and allows for laughter and good times as an anecdote for reality. The word "Homies" itself is a popular street term that refers to someone from your hometown or, in a broader sense, anyone that you would acknowledge as your friend. In use in the West Coast Latino community for decades, the word "Homies" has crossed over into the now mainstream Hip-Hop street culture that has taken America's young people by storm.

-Dave Gonzales

44F6DF04-F3A7-4B7A-B7DF-EA80E2F7C085.jpeg

How cool! I am not familiar with the Homies, but really an awesome concept for toys!

Didnt know you were from Detroit, I am originally from the west side of Chicago....we ended up with Barry and Walter in the middle of some rough NFL years, though!

So my boys found a few figures at Walmart this morning! I had no idea that Super Powers was back! Those were favorites of mine for a LONG time in the 80s!
20230219_103615_HDR.jpg

Also not a huge surprise that Peter / Catman was the only KISS figure left.....Ace, Paul, and Gene are always more popular it seems like, though when Peter sang Hard Luck Woman, it became my favorite of their songs!
20230219_103628_HDR.jpg

And then this morning, I found these at the local Walmart! HUGE GI Joes! 24 bucks each, which is a LOT for a figure!

I could have lived without Lady Jaye as a kid,
20230220_075923.jpg

Gung Ho was pretty cool,

20230220_075906_HDR.jpg

Destro was by far my favorite other than Serpentor! The silver mask and gloves, coupled with a somewhat Dracula-like costume made him just awesome! 20230220_075846_HDR.jpg

And then there was the Baroness. Not sure what sort of royalty she was, but she was the ruler of my 5 year old heart in 1986!!!

20230220_075920_HDR.jpg

I think it was the glasses I originally fell in love with as a kid. (It wasnt the skin tight black costume at all, in hindsight that made her look a lot like Catwoman!!)

Back