Favorite Basketball Movie?

Bryan_Mc

HockeyJonesin'
give me your thoughts on your favorite basketball movie(s)
explain what you saw and why it's your favorite

thanks for sharing your opinions

Well, being from Indiana I would have to say Hoosiers. I grew up within a few miles of the "Big" team in the championship games. Until recently, that was what Indiana basketball was all about. 1 Class, David vs. Goliath.

well my pick is not you traditional basketball movie but
i would have to say White Men Cant Jump because i like Woody Harelson and Wesley snipes.They make a good team on the big screen and the snappy comedy is great.also i liked the Opening hustle where Woody looks like a scrub then destroys people. hmmmmmm wait no Teen wolf is another b ball movie i like because it has basket ball and a teen going through some changes.

Yeah White Man Can't Jump ROCKS!

I borrowed a video of WMCJ from my school library and forgot to give it back. That was 10 years ago and I still have the movie lol

Fellas it sounds like you get a ton of basketball movies in the States?

I can only remember two... WMCJ and Blue Chip.
I think it is a no contest between those two ;)

Honestly, I liked "Blue Chips" with Shaq, Penny Hardaway, Matt Nover, Ed O'Neill and Nick Nolte. While it was purely fictional, I think it kind of showed what everybody has a sneaky feeling goes on in college basketball.

I was always partial to Above the Rim. My only complaint is that the actual basketball played was somewhat fake looking, but good film overall.

Back