Hockey Fantasy hockey draft

thajayz

Bench Warmer
I have the number two pick in my fantasy hockey draft. Any suggestions on who to take? This is my first year of playing fantasy hockey. I imagine that Stamkos or Crosby will go number one overall. I am considering those two along with Malkin. Are there any goalies that you think I should consider? We play standard scoring with head to head style.

If Crosby is open take him if not go for Ovi he will give you points in different stats.....Stamkos will get points but with their team this season I am uncertain he will do as well as last season...as for goaltenders best to take one in the third round......King Henrik is going to have a terrible season the Rangers will have it tough this season.....Hawks will do good so for a goaltender I would take Crawford for a first goalie pick, Niemi would make for another good pick...I don't have faith in Quick as he was horrid in the first 3/4's of last season.......although many don't think the Hab's will do good this season I think otherwise Pacioretty willy be a good pick down the road in the draft...."keep in mind it all depends on your point settings also"......there are many tricky picks when it comes to fantasy hockey I could explain them but I could write pages and pages.....

If Crosby is open take him if not go for Ovi he will give you points in different stats.....Stamkos will get points but with their team this season I am uncertain he will do as well as last season...as for goaltenders best to take one in the third round......King Henrik is going to have a terrible season the Rangers will have it tough this season.....Hawks will do good so for a goaltender I would take Crawford for a first goalie pick, Niemi would make for another good pick...I don't have faith in Quick as he was horrid in the first 3/4's of last season.......although many don't think the Hab's will do good this season I think otherwise Pacioretty willy be a good pick down the road in the draft...."keep in mind it all depends on your point settings also"......there are many tricky picks when it comes to fantasy hockey I could explain them but I could write pages and pages.....
I hate Crosby though. It's hard for me to take him. I feel like he is fragile and gets hurt too often. I guess I am partial to Ovi and Stamkos. I won't completely rule out Crosby though. I also think that Henrik is due for a bad season. I think Niemi is going to be a beast again this year too. I predict another high playoff seed for the Habs. They should be just as good as last year. Thank you for your advice.

Crosby has changed over the years but he is probably the most targeted player in the league....concussion you cant help that slap shot to the jaw you can't help that ...he continues to put up huge numbers when he does play at least he is not a cry baby anymore...lol...I would take Ovi though because he puts up hits as well as points.....Hab's are going to shock a lot of predictors this season they are a much better team than last season and have plenty of speed Price's goalie coach is the same one that worked with Niemi and Crawford who both have improved 100 fold...you are welcome for the advice...I have 20 + fantasy hockey teams this season with different scoring settings and a few are superstat leagues so my brain is on over load..keep in mind penalty minutes..(all stat catagories) ...it could win it for you in the end to many fantasy hockey participants are looking for all the stars to fill their rosters with and forget about the stat catagories......

You have 20+ fantasy hockey teams? Wow. I've owned 4 baseball fantasy teams in the past but nothing more than that.

I ended up taking Ovechkin at #2. Stamkos went #1. Malkin went #3 and Crosby #4. I scored Niemi in the 5th round which I consider to be a steal. Wish me luck.

Yes, it is a traditional head to head league. I joined it to appease a friend of mine who needed to fill his league. I prefer rotisserie instead of head to head but oh well, I'll roll with it. Some of my other payers are:

Ryan Miller
Chara
Giroux
Pominville
Cody Hodgson
Tyler Myers
Getzlaf
Backstrom
Kopitar
Iginla
Enstrom
Bieksa
Jack Johnson

I would drop Myers and pick up Simmonds or Clowe if available Clowe preferably.....good for around 50 some odd points and good for if he stays healthy around 100 plus penalty minutes "....that is just my opinion......
Miller will have it tough this season...

I'm also a Ryan Clowe fan but he was drafted. I am partial to the Buffalo Sabres because they are my hometown team. I know they suck but my heart is with them. I think Tyler Myers will rebound this year. He was good two years ago. It's just last season that he sucked. I agree that Miller will have it tough this year but he's still a top 15 goalie in Fantasy in my opinion. I am going to try to trade for Clowe.

Back