ESPN NBA - Report: Childress leaves NBA, will play in Greece

Well getting twenty Mill after taxes would be a big incentive for anyone. Im hoping he will come back after a year to the NBA and continue to play for the hawks because that leaves a pretty large hole on Atlantas bench. Maybe if management would hurry up and pay the players what they wanted and IMO what they deserve they wouldnt of lost him. But if they muck around and lose Josh Smith as well, we better have some good scouts because we are heading back to the lottery.

this tredn will continue and so will guys forgoing the "mandatory" year in college..they will simply start going overseas and making good oney for a year then go to the NBA.... trust me with in 5 years overseas games will be televised LOL

breakerswitch said:
Well getting twenty Mill after taxes would be a big incentive for anyone. Im hoping he will come back after a year to the NBA and continue to play for the hawks because that leaves a pretty large hole on Atlantas bench. Maybe if management would hurry up and pay the players what they wanted and IMO what they deserve they wouldnt of lost him. But if they muck around and lose Josh Smith as well, we better have some good scouts because we are heading back to the lottery.

I think Hawks would be in the lottery even if Childress was playing for them next year.

Well all about the money maybe BUT more about the Atlanta Management dragging their damn feet and losing a good player IMO. If they had just signed the extensions last year and invested in their team we wouldnt be going through this.

Showtime Lakers said:
I think Hawks would be in the lottery even if Childress was playing for them next year.

And yeah you are probably right. No trades and no free agent signings yet so I dont really know whats going on. And now our bench looks real thin. Zaza can only intimidate so many players at centre lol

Showtime Lakers said:

Hey they took the WORLD CHAMPS to 7 games though....a lot better than the uh.... *cough *cough Lakers and some other teams did LOL ;)

Back