Early NFL Draft Trade Rumors (Rams-Bucs)

sffanmike25

Bench Warmer
Must fill the forum with something, so here's stuff I've read of late:

St. Louis Rams: Ways they are looking:

1) Could be looking to deal for Michael Vick with Philadelphia

If not, they:

2) Might be interested in making a deal with Tampa Bay (#1 overall for #3 overall + 3rd + Josh Johnson was the rumored deal on the sites linked below)

http://det.scout.com/2/947712.html
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=167880&id=4706

According to the same article, the Bucs:

1) Have Suh graded significantly higher than McCoy (some draft analysts have been going back and forth on the two lately)

2) Potentially have Jason Pierre-Paul graded higher than Eric Berry if they stayed at #3

My take: Can see a rationale for the majority of these rumors, but they look a bit too shaky in details for my liking. But for the sake of discussion:

As for the Bucs and Eric Berry, there's some kind of stigma with scouts/teams against drafting a Safety in the top 3. Probably from a value standpoint. I personally don't agree with that notion. In comparison, the way people talk about Pierre-Paul's physical size and potential, he looks like he could be a quick riser on draft boards. If the previous is true about Berry and Tampa, it would also further substantiate Tampa's want to get into the top spot for Suh.

For the Rams, they can bolster their QB depth chart by both acquiring a QB via trade (Vick or JJ). They can also position themselves to draft a QB if they want to do so, and can get another pick by which they could continue to fill in areas of need. They can probably land short-term depth and long-term future starters with the value that'll drop to the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
The deal would make sense for the Rams and Bucs. Bucs get Suh and Rams add an extra pick and QB depth. Give a late round pick for Vick and let JJ learn behind him for a couple years. Both teams get better as a result.

It would increase the chance for the Hawks to get Berry I am all for it. I think both teams would benefit in that deal as well...

No i want the phins to get bryant in the 1st. i like mcclain and all but we need a big target for Henne.

Aside from that the original point. I think they should do the deal. works well for all teams.

Bucs do need D but with the Glazers putting all the money into Man-U . They would prob trade down to pay less money. I think the Draft is D-Heavy Other than Suh i would not get a Tackle in the 1st. I would either go Berry or Bryant.

If the Rams are targeting a QB (which I don't think they are, I think Spags wants the Suh-clear bomb) this trade would make a lot of sense. It feels like there is speculation every year about the first overall pick getting traded and the last time that happened was Eli, which wasn't even trading picks, it was trading players.

Last time a first overall pick got swapped pre draft was for Vick. I'd be surprised if a deal gets done this year.

I dont see why any team would ever take a WR in the top 10, but that's just my opinion...

That said, I am all for Tampa Bay wasting a top pickon Bryant and keep the higher impact players available for other teams.

Shefter said on Twitter that there's a better chance of him being picked by the Rams #1 overall than this trade happening.

I'm paraphrasing.

Back