Football DT Glover retiring after 13 seasons, 6 Pro Bowls

GotGibson?

Bench Warmer
Six-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle La'Roi Glover is retiring after 13 NFL seasons.

Glover, who turns 35 on July 4, started nine of 16 games in 2008 during his third season with the St. Louis Rams and was not re-signed.

Glover was three years removed from a stretch in which he was selected to six straight Pro Bowls.

"I'm blessed that I was able to play this game that I love for so long," Glover said in a news release. "It has been such an incredible journey."

A fifth-round draft pick by the Oakland Raiders in 1996 out of San Diego State, Glover played with the New Orleans Saints from 1997-2001 and the Dallas Cowboys from 2002-2005.

He led the NFL with 17 sacks in 2000 and finished his career with 83.5, tied for 37th on the all-time list. He was tied for fifth among active players.

"I still love the game with the same passion I had as a young player in high school, so I plan to always be attached to it in some way, whether commentating, working in the front office, or scouting," Glover said in the release. "But who knows what opportunities await in the next chapter of my life."

Back