Donte Stallworth suspended for the '09 season

I think it's a bit harsh myself....maybe 4 games...especially with the circumstances around the manslaughter case which included the guy jaywalking. I have a hard time with this.

I just think that it's not fair to Donte because others who did the same thing didn't get punished as harshly.

Honestly I think he deserves to be in jail for a long long time.

He KILLED someone, what the hell kind of world do we live in when you take someone's life and spend 22 days in jail and miss 1 years pay? :wall:

Honestly I think he deserves to be in jail for a long long time.

He KILLED someone, what the hell kind of world do we live in when you take someone's life and spend 22 days in jail and miss 1 years pay? :wall:

Here's the thing - the pedestrian was jaywalking - if Stallworth had been sober, he would have done NO time.

Here's the thing - the pedestrian was jaywalking - if Stallworth had been sober, he would have done NO time.

jaywalking?!?! It's not like this guy was walking down the middle of a four lane highway. He was crossing the street and got hit by a drunk driver. Just because the crosswalk signal didn't have the glowing white hand saying it was okay doesn't make Stallworth any less culpable.

Fact of the matter is, had Stallworth been sober, that guy would probably still be alive.

Criminal punishment aside, I think any NFL player convicted of a felon should be immediately and permanently banned from the league.

Here's one thing tho. I don't know if all of you had a chance to read the whole police report, but he, along with a bunch of other players were partying at some posh hotel in South Beach (the other players had rooms at the hotel) According to all of the interviews with the players, Stallworth had quite a bit to drink, and his bar tab was... well, I forget, but it's more than I make in *forever*. It was stated tho that there were at least some $90 shots that were bought for some female friends that were there as well.

Anyway, the report states that he left the hotel at around 2:20am-ish (I forget the minute details), WENT HOME took a nap, then awoke around 4:30-ish, or close to that time and was on his way to breakfast when the accident occurred.

Now, there was no mention in the report of how he got home, and he offered none, so I assume he drove his Bentley, the one in the accident, unless he keeps a spare 1995 Nissan Sentra around for such journeys - I doubt it. His BAC was about twice the legal limit when he was tested, so what must his BAC have been when he drove home from the hotel originally?? :think:

Karma. She's a biznatch sometimes.

I hope Steve Atwater comes outta retirement to destroy him. Then Rodney Harrison cleans him up ...

Eff Donte Stallworth. :ban:

Here's one thing tho. I don't know if all of you had a chance to read the whole police report, but he, along with a bunch of other players were partying at some posh hotel in South Beach (the other players had rooms at the hotel) According to all of the interviews with the players, Stallworth had quite a bit to drink, and his bar tab was... well, I forget, but it's more than I make in *forever*. It was stated tho that there were at least some $90 shots that were bought for some female friends that were there as well.

Anyway, the report states that he left the hotel at around 2:20am-ish (I forget the minute details), WENT HOME took a nap, then awoke around 4:30-ish, or close to that time and was on his way to breakfast when the accident occurred.

Now, there was no mention in the report of how he got home, and he offered none, so I assume he drove his Bentley, the one in the accident, unless he keeps a spare 1995 Nissan Sentra around for such journeys - I doubt it. His BAC was about twice the legal limit when he was tested, so what must his BAC have been when he drove home from the hotel originally?? :think:

Karma. She's a biznatch sometimes.

The report is that he took a cab home and went back to get his car (which is something that I have done before and not realized that I could have been over the limit in the morning). If you have ever walked that road that the accident occurred, you would realize that it was almost a 4 lane highway.

Also - the reason why Stallworth got off so easily is because of Florida's laws (which also puts liability on the pedestrian), so don't hate on him. I was talking about it with one of my friends, who is an insurance adjuster. She said that the family would have gotten close to the insurance maximum, even if the person driving wasn't loaded which would have been around $400k.

If you want to see another article about this - here you go.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/090821&sportCat=nfl

Back