Coronavirus Infecting Sports Now?!

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Looks like the NBA is, at least for now, done for the season. Before tonight's Utah Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder game, Rudy Gobert tested positive for the coronavirus. Shortly after, the players were taken off the court and fans were told the game has been postponed. All the players were still being quarantined, in their own dressing rooms, a half hour after the game had been cancelled. I'm not sure what this means for the fans who were in the stadium.

Shortly after this game was "postponed", it was announced on Sportscenter's Twitter that the NBA had suspended the season.

It was also announced today that the March Madness tourney will be played without fans. Fine by me, cause I never get to go anyways, but look at all the money they're gonna miss out on.

Go away you dang coronavirus! Stop jacking with our sports!

Half joking... my top two voting choices yesterday and this November.

Bacon:Taco 2020 Make America Happy again
and

Attachments

• Meteor.jpg
    Meteor.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3
This pandemic is getting crazy and I just hope we find a cure fast, so that things can go back to normal. I have never seen so many things cancelled, but I totally get the reasoning behind it. I just would like it to be over NOW!

Oh, I agree. I understand the cancelling of these events where there are massive crowds all in close proximity to each other. That said, so far, I think the panic and media hype is too much. Not saying it won't turn out to be right, but right now it's just too much. I'm tired of reading about it. I like to keep up with the case statuses, but that's it.

Oh, and I'm still not sure what the deal is with the toilet paper. Why is that a hot commodity? If I thought I were about to be stuck inside myself for weeks, or months, toilet paper is one of the last things I'm looking for. Give me those ramen noodles and some rice and beans!

Oh, I agree. I understand the cancelling of these events where there are massive crowds all in close proximity to each other. That said, so far, I think the panic and media hype is too much. Not saying it won't turn out to be right, but right now it's just too much. I'm tired of reading about it. I like to keep up with the case statuses, but that's it.

Oh, and I'm still not sure what the deal is with the toilet paper. Why is that a hot commodity? If I thought I were about to be stuck inside myself for weeks, or months, toilet paper is one of the last things I'm looking for. Give me those ramen noodles and some rice and beans!

Let’s be real for a sec. if we should “panic buy” anything, at least get stuff that is really important. Cigarettes and condoms. I mean I can’t be the only person that has watched zombie movies to see how things start and what the real currency will be.

I did see somewhere that condoms were selling out too. That's crazy...but I guess if you're stuck in a house together, what else is there to do? 🤦‍♂️

I'd have to stick to food and protection. I guess all types of protection. Ha! But, that's just me.

The only zombie show I've seen is The Walking Dead. I don't remember any of them were too concerned about toilet paper or condoms. 😂

Back