Cool Training Camp find

Brad

Bench Warmer
I stopped by Panthers thinking there was afternoon practice (which there wasn't). However, their store was open so I looked around. I saw some things others may like (see thread in Card Shop). Anyways, as a casual Panthers fan (since their games are on every week and the players are very nice at camp) I decided to pick this up for myself. It is a game worn jersey of some guy named Newton (could not find a first name) so I think he was a UFA that did not make the team. Anyways cool find for $50 IMO since a replica of a current player is $75. So here are some pics:

100_1339.jpg

100_1337.jpg

And yes this is a tiny NIKE logo for some reason (a little longer than the width of a quarter.
100_1338.jpg

100_1340.jpg

I think it was actually Nate Newton. Panthers had him for a bit after the Cowgirls were done with him. Believe he was there in 99.

Nate Newton is awesome. Didn't he get caught with like 200 lbs of Mary Jane?

Nice pickup!

I think it was actually Nate Newton. Panthers had him for a bit after the Cowgirls were done with him. Believe he was there in 99.

I thought that at first, but the roster I found said he was 73. Also this is size 52. I doubt a 320 pound guy could fit in this with pads on

They've got a safety named Cam Newton. But his number is 29 I believe.

They've got a safety named Cam Newton. But his number is 29 I believe.

yeah I am thinking UFA. I looked at their All time roster and the only Newtons were Nate and Cam. However, I then wanted to check if other players who did not play a regualr season game or made 52 man roster were on it and they were not. I check Francis St. Paul (former Ram and other teams). He was a WR and not on it but was at training camp and played preaseaon games in 2003. He did not make the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
that is great!!! .... by chance you are not going back to camp again this fall are you? Rumor is you drafted a Duck ;)

I will be going a lot since I have nothing really to do. Is there something of Rosario you want signed. Even something as simple as an index card or your own item? Just let me know.

We should let you take 'Dave' to camp and get some photos... I honestly don't have anything specific he could sign, have to think about it.... I do have an Oregon helmet, but I'm trying to just get Duck QBs on it :D

We should let you take 'Dave' to camp and get some photos... I honestly don't have anything specific he could sign, have to think about it.... I do have an Oregon helmet, but I'm trying to just get Duck QBs on it :D

one problem with Dave is that I go by myself so I would look like an idiot taking a picture or him by myself. I will bring a index card next time I go and get try to get him ofr you. A lot of rookies are generous about giving out gloves and armbands, so it is an outside shot at that. I will keep you posted since I will be going a couple of times a week

Back