Selling COMC Sale Added a ton of new cards

Surprised you are still adding stuff. It is completely tanking for me. And they still have a lot to fix.

Surprised you are still adding stuff. It is completely tanking for me. And they still have a lot to fix.

I think a lot of people have left the site since Beckett got out, or at least it sure seems that way. I haven't even had an offer in quite a while now and for a bit there things were going pretty well. I'm only $10 into COMC now, and I'll definitely not be adding any more cards there, at least not in the foreseeable future.

I'm doing pretty well on the site had a few down times but overall it's good and still getting stuff corrected and adding new features . I still find steals and enjoy the site. I think by end of this year they will have the site fully corrected and all the new features added. Beckett was the whole issue and COMC had LOTS to change and rebuild a Huge catalog . Overall i think they handled it pretty good and like any site are going to have its issues from it.

I guess it just bothers me how they are not investing in the site. For years they pretty much only invested in attracting sellers. Then they failed to plan an exit strategy with Beckett....and relied on the volunteer labor of its users to fix.

I'm doing pretty well on the site had a few down times but overall it's good and still getting stuff corrected and adding new features . I still find steals and enjoy the site. I think by end of this year they will have the site fully corrected and all the new features added. Beckett was the whole issue and COMC had LOTS to change and rebuild a Huge catalog . Overall i think they handled it pretty good and like any site are going to have its issues from it.

Yeah, if they can get it all going, and I'm sure they will, it has the potential to be very attractive to collectors. I'm, personally, most interested in how they might use their pricing information in the future. In other words, will they charge a subscription price to give people access to it like Beckett's OPG?

By the way, sorry I contributed to taking this thread off-topic. Good luck with your sales!

From what i gather people who helped out with the start of the catalog were going to get the pricing free for atleast the 1st yr maybe longer. Andy i agree but at the same time i think they didn't think the beckett thing was going to happen . I Think it all started when Beckett realized that they were losing money since people could go to COMC and get free pricing.

Back