Colts/Pats

Pats were doing middle dumps to Maroney before that, and they went away from it because the LBers were holding tighter in the box, rather than moving back or flaring off in coverage. Short stuff wasn't available. The Pats were taking what the Colts were giving them and being effective off of it. Had the Colts not "changed" the way they were defending, the slants and dumps would not have been there. They weren't doing quick passing to alleviate the pass rush, Brady was being given more time and the coverage was backing off the receivers to deny the deep stuff. The short passes and middle screens were used because they were now there. The Colts went into a form of prevent and that allowed New England to exploit it.

But I can see how that appears to you that the almighty Patriot juggernaut made adjustments and Belichick's genious prevailed. :roll:

I'm sorry you cannot see that the Colts beat themselves yesterday. Their miscues in execution (unforced drops, etc.) and choices that ended up preventing them from closing out their lead with a victory caused that loss. I give credit that New England did execute when it mattered. Prior to the 4th they looked average with some great plays by individuals to give them that rating. I saw a Colts team adjust their play to try to hold a lead. I saw a New England team take advantage of that. The Pats play calling did not force the change, it took advantage of it. They were completing deep balls against double coverage. If they were forcing the change it would have been deep completions in man to man, or down the middle of the cover 2 that drew the lbers back. Welker had some nice returns. The strip sealed the game for the Pats. Yes, your recivers performed up to their contract levels. But I stand by the fact that the Colts played 3 quarters of football good enough to beat the Pats and failed to stick to their strategy to close the show.

I guess the real statement to your last one would be:

"If the entire universe claimed that your team never should have won 3 super bowls and that you are evil, disgusting cheaters, you would get off rubbing another win in and strutting around pompous, narcissistic and egotistical as ever."

Belichick doesn't have a humble bone in his body.

Still hope someone slaps the reality back into the Patriot swollen head. ;)

I wasn't rubbing in !!!!. Someone was talking about excuses, and I posted after the game that good teams don't need excuses. This is a good team, right?

And don't let the facts get in the way of your argument. Laurence Maroney had zero catches and was thrown to once.
And if you go by your logic, the Pats were better than the Colts last year, considering the lead they had in the AFC championship.

I'm still waiting to hear just one shred of credit from SOMEONE about a team who is now 9-0.

Last edited by a moderator:
I havent read any post in this thread, and I dont intend to. I had a great time at the game. I wish the Colts could have pulled it out, but was proud that they did as well as they did with Harrison,Ugoh,,Keiaho, and Hagler all out.
Almost all fans were nice to each other.(that I saw). Had a great time. THats what its all about.

All class as usual. You're the effing man.

Ok, here's my take, do with it what you will.

Ugoh, Harrison, Keiaho, and Hagler all out definitely made a difference, with the absence of Ugoh being of most impact, as Manning was getting the most pressure from the left side. The FG call from the 2 yard line was a mistake in my opinion, as you don't get THAT close and not try against an opponent THAT good. When Manning gets "happy feet" (i.e. the nervous run-in-place-quickly shuffle), it's an obvious sign that he's getting rattled and his play soon after reflects it.

That game should have been a win. The ridiculous play of Moss, Welker, and Brady made it a loss, as well as the lapses in our defense during the last half of the 4th quarter. Indy turned off the intensity and it cost them.

Ah, frustration is still as bitter 2 days after the fact.

:ban:

Ok, here's my take, do with it what you will.

Ugoh, Harrison, Keiaho, and Hagler all out definitely made a difference, with the absence of Ugoh being of most impact, as Manning was getting the most pressure from the left side. The FG call from the 2 yard line was a mistake in my opinion, as you don't get THAT close and not try against an opponent THAT good. When Manning gets "happy feet" (i.e. the nervous run-in-place-quickly shuffle), it's an obvious sign that he's getting rattled and his play soon after reflects it.

That game should have been a win. The ridiculous play of Moss, Welker, and Brady made it a loss, as well as the lapses in our defense during the last half of the 4th quarter. Indy turned off the intensity and it cost them.

Ah, frustration is still as bitter 2 days after the fact.

:ban:

:love:

Back