C'mon Favre

I have just lost a lot of respect for him.

seems to me that Green Bay was pretty good to him over the years, why insult them and try to come back from his few month long retirement and play for someone else?

He's still better than 75% of the QBs that will be starting next year. If it's true that GB forced him out and he still wants to play, let him play and continue to kick ass:salut:

I have just lost a lot of respect for him.

seems to me that Green Bay was pretty good to him over the years, why insult them and try to come back from his few month long retirement and play for someone else?

I look at it this way. Favre probably had many meetings with the Packers after the past season, and he got the feeling the Packers wanted to move on without him. They were sending him signals that they wanted him to retire or leave the team without actually saying it.

He looked at his options and hastily made a decision. After a few months of retirement, with training camp looming in the near future, he probably started to regret his decision. And knowing the Packers had moved forward, he asked for the only thing he could in order to play again.

I still think he should play this season for the Packers, let Brohm and Flynn learn a few things from him, and once he does retire, have an open competition between Rodgers, Flynn, and Brohm. One of them will emerge as the starter and if its Rodgers, he will last a month before getting injured once again.

i'd love to see him play again but i have mixed feelings about it. he finally said he wanted to hang up the cleats and not play anymore which made green bay have to draft a qb and start looking to rodgers to lace up his cleats. not that i don't think rodgers has the ability to pick up where favre left off, but give the kid a chance. i don't think favre would have the success with another team that he had with green bay. they did their rebuilding phase and he helped bring them along. if he goes to another team he will be going to one that desperately needs a qb and the odds of him getting hurt are higher.

who else besides the bucs and raiders need a solid qb? miami does, carolina, atlanta maybe. all teams that have no O line to protect the qb to give him a chance to do anything. i don't want to see him hurt at all.

I look at it this way. Favre probably had many meetings with the Packers after the past season, and he got the feeling the Packers wanted to move on without him. They were sending him signals that they wanted him to retire or leave the team without actually saying it.

Exactly. Thank you.

I don't mind if he plays there or somewhere else, but I really don't want to see him play on deteriorating skills and struggle. He went out having a great year. It would be painful to watch him go somewhere a have a terrible season.

i'd love to see him play again but i have mixed feelings about it. he finally said he wanted to hang up the cleats and not play anymore which made green bay have to draft a qb and start looking to rodgers to lace up his cleats. not that i don't think rodgers has the ability to pick up where favre left off, but give the kid a chance. i don't think favre would have the success with another team that he had with green bay. they did their rebuilding phase and he helped bring them along. if he goes to another team he will be going to one that desperately needs a qb and the odds of him getting hurt are higher.

who else besides the bucs and raiders need a solid qb? miami does, carolina, atlanta maybe. all teams that have no O line to protect the qb to give him a chance to do anything. i don't want to see him hurt at all.

Favre needs to kill this. He'll end up like a bum on a bench on some 2nd rate team. BRETT. RETIRE. NOW.

This is from a Seahawks fan... who has ripped our hearts out more than any? I still can't hate the guy, he's a farkin LEGEND.

Go back home dude... they need you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he should push for a trade/release hard. If he wants to play he deserves the right to do it on his own terms. And this is coming from a bears fan. I hope to god if he does goto a different team, its out of division. I don't want him to beat up my bears again!

Go out on top Brett... I want him to take a blinged out ring with him when he goes.

For those who think he's being selfish, I can understand that but it's the NFL... who isnt? At least he is selfish for love of the game and just wants to play a few more seasons and not selfish/greedy trying for more money like a lot of the guys are doing now... most probably dont even deserve what they make anyway.

Brett Favre is a living legend and I would love to watch him play a couple more years (with Green Bay) then retire when he wins the trophy. Aaron Rodgers or whomever takes over will be great and well deserving for thier wait but let him play a few more.

Back