Clemens to sue his former trainer...

Heard the phone conversation... scripted!

McNamee: What do you want me to do?
Clemens: (tiptoe around question)

Hey Rocket, how about you say, "Tell the truth!" Of course, his lawyer probably advised him not to tamper with a witness. Speaking of lawyers... how could his lawyer have OK'd this call (and to tape it)? Seems a little fishy to me.

If Clemens is so innocent, why did he take so long to come out and defend himself. Hell, his first defense of himself was on f**king YouTube! You gotta be kidding me!

Anywho, I'm getting tired of this, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
My question is - who the heck asks the trainer to inject B12 into their butt? I've taken B12 pills before, but NEVER would I have it injected into me.

I think that whole press conference made him look worse. Like he was grasping for anything that will make him sound innocent. I don't think he should've done this at all. Made him look stupid for making this call with his family and lawyer sitting there taping it and not telling the guy he was gonna tape it. Him saying he doesn't care about the stats and about the hall of fame or HOF voters. BS, if non of that matters then you have no reason to defend yourself with such vigor. What a jackass. I lost more rspect for him today.

Well he know says he wants to take a lie detector test to prove his innocence:pop:

Of course he is going to say that and of course his lawyer isn't going to let him. His lawyer said that today during the press conference that he highly advises him not to take a lie detector test.

Him saying he doesn't care about the stats and about the hall of fame or HOF voters. BS, if non of that matters then you have no reason to defend yourself with such vigor.

So you mean to tell me that since he says he doesn't care about the HOF he shouldn't be defending himself like he is? :roflmao:

I don't know about you, but if my name was dragged through the mud like Roger's currently is, I would be defending myself too. Everything he has done in his baseball career is in question, and he has too much pride to just back down and let everyone assume he used steroids. He worked his ass off for years to be where he is at now (without performance enhancers according to him). If the guy wants to fight the allegations, let him. He doesn't want to see everything he has worked for to go down in flames over this.

I'm not trying to defend the guy or say that he did or didn't cheat. I just think that he should get a chance to tell everyone his side of the story and question the things that have been said about him. We were all quick to jump on the Duke lacrosse boys and we all know how that turned out.

Last edited by a moderator:
As of now I believe Clemens (not 100 percent though) for one thing he has done differently than other big name potential steroid users (McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, etc.).

Most of the players have publically denied use, evaded questions, some have even threatened lawsuits. However, Roger has taken the onus on himself, and has said he will take a lie detector test and I believe he is trying to prove he is innocent not only by showing the loopholes in others stories (as many players have), but proving it by himself. Also, he would have to be rather dumb to go this far and actually have taken steroids.

And for those who say that he evaded questions in his press conference, he had to has a lawsuit with his trainer coming up, and couldn't tamper with the case.

Back